Normal wrinkle in seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I regret not getting the Recaro seats. I wonder how much does it cost to replace the seat covers with black recaros?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I regret not getting the Recaro seats. I wonder how much does it cost to replace the seat covers with black recaros?
Padding changes too. I dont know retail on the genital 3s but for the peasant dos it was like 7k+ for covers and pads for the front.

Ebay pops up with a set here and there, someone even had the raptor r covers on there for a lil bit

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Padding changes too. I dont know retail on the genital 3s but for the peasant dos it was like 7k+ for covers and pads for the front.

Ebay pops up with a set here and there, someone even had the raptor r covers on there for a lil bit
I guess i just have to leave it as is. Too much money for a darn seat

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a steamer to my seat bottoms and seat backs. In some spots, I laid out a hand towel and actually used an iron set to high steam. My seats are now nice and tight all the way around. I was able to remove all waviness from the upper seat backs too. Velcro and clips hold the covers in place. Most of the fitment issues are not due to size, rather poor installation from the yahoos at the factory. If the Velcro is placed in the incorrect position, the entire seat cover fits poorly.

Last edited:

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took a flash light and looked under my driver seat that has the wrinkles and found that 3 clips in a row on one side are not attached. I think the seat needs to come out to clip them in but this could be the reason for the wrinkles. I’m gonna take it to dealer and have it fixed.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It just annoys me to see it everyday. Hot days it’s worse than cold days. The dealer says it has the allowable amount of wrinkles in it. I tried to find a 23 on the lot to show him how crazy that statement was but they didn’t have one. They escalated it to ford customer care/corporate to see if they can get the OK to replace.

The service advisor thinks I’m being picky. I just don’t see it that way.