Normal wrinkle in seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I had mine replaced at the dealer today for that same wrinkle. The new one is less tight than the original and is already wrinkling in the drive home. The passenger seat looks fine. Ford has a whole warranty thing out now that it is not warrantable with pictures of their inferior seat cover. To me it’s not acceptable on a new $80k truck but it looks like Ford won’t take responsibility for the product.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2023 driver and passenger seats are not tight but do not wrinkle as bad as yours. My dealer ordered new covers but they were worst than mine. There is something wrong with the fitment of these seat covers and replacing them could even make it worse. It really bugs the hell out of me.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would have to have it cut one apart and re-stitch it so it's tighter to fix this.

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 was like that from day 1. Annoyed me but i let it go. My 2023 is better but still a bit loose there in the same spot.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I have the same wrinkle at only 7500 miles. Next time I get the oil changed I will have them address it.

northlaker

Reaction score
I had the same problem from day 1, dealer replaced at my first oil change. One thing I try to do is lift my butt up and over vs slide across the seat when I get in.

I don't know if that helps or not but it hasn't come back yet after 1000 miles....

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the clips that hold the seat covers down at the edges? Talk about cheap. I was vacuuming mine and the clip came off. A piece of plastic attached to the material of the seat cover that clips under the seat. So cheap. Its no wonder they wrinkle. They are not held down tight at all

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the clips that hold the seat covers down at the edges? Talk about cheap. I was vacuuming mine and the clip came off. A piece of plastic attached to the material of the seat cover that clips under the seat. So cheap. Its no wonder they wrinkle. They are not held down tight at all

That's the way all the car seat bottoms are made. They sew a piece of plastic shaped like a J and that is what clips to the metal frame of the seat. You have to roll it over itself and then clip it on the inside/console side of the driver's seat. That really had me confused for a minute when I replaced mine. The other three hook on normally as expected.

The wrinkle issue in the seat bottom is simply that the seat skin is too large to start with. It's not the clips.

The issue with your seat clips breaking is b/c is you live in Florida. Plastics and paints go there to die.

grussell

Reaction score
mine came that way and took to dealership for replacement. Waited a month for seat cover to come in then they kept it a week. Got it back and the new cover had the same thing. I vented my frustration but the response was the crease would work itself out after some time especially using the heated seats. I left frustrated to say the least. I may have it redone again when I bring back for another warranty issue as I also just purchased warranty extension to 150k

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine came that way and took to dealership for replacement. Waited a month for seat cover to come in then they kept it a week. Got it back and the new cover had the same thing. I vented my frustration but the response was the crease would work itself out after some time especially using the heated seats. I left frustrated to say the least. I may have it redone again when I bring back for another warranty issue as I also just purchased warranty extension to 150k
It’s not going to work itself out. These dealers will say anything lol