Drive Mode

• Normal

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Sport

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Pedal Commander

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sport mode 4A w/ traction control off is how I’d roll most of the time stock

now I have a GH Tune & run in normal mode most of the time

just get a tune it’s worth it

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PC was a game changer for me. I'm too nervous to go the full tune route due to risks stated. The PC let's you fine tune the truck to the your personal pedal touch and makes the factory power easy to get to. IMO this truck has more than enough factory power to get you into dangerous situations, this isn't the vehicle to screw up in going 80+mph. When I want out of control power that's some how manageable, I'll drive a GT350R.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PC was a game changer for me. I'm too nervous to go the full tune route due to risks stated. The PC let's you fine tune the truck to the your personal pedal touch and makes the factory power easy to get to. IMO this truck has more than enough factory power to get you into dangerous situations, this isn't the vehicle to screw up in going 80+mph. When I want out of control power that's some how manageable, I'll drive a GT350R.

tuned Raptor has bout as much if not more power & CONSIDERABLY more TQ- with 4A you got all the control ya need ;-)

GT350R sounds great tho

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a candidate for a pedal commander as I’m too much of a ***** to risk the warranty or the extended warranty with a proper tune.

Engine wise the only mod I’ve been reading about is a larger intercooler to keep the temps down in the desert heat. I’m going to ask one of my service managers his thoughts on warranty with it, it doesn’t seem like a part that should effect warranty though.

Duane

Reaction score
I love the Sport mode, but hate how it won't remember it once you cycle the truck (I know, call me lazy). I assume the COBB Accessport will make the truck perform like the Sport mode (or perhaps better?) and will stay active every time the truck is turned on? Is this true? Thanks in advance.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really is a waste of money
Exactly. Use your foot. It is the OG pedal commander. Learn to drive the truck. Want the engine to think the pedal is down? Push your foot harder. Never got the point of a PC.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Use your foot. It is the OG pedal commander. Learn to drive the truck. Want the engine to think the pedal is down? Push your foot harder. Never got the point of a PC.

On my diesel truck I recently sold, there was a delay in the electronics between actually pressing the pedal and the truck reacting. I never tuned mine, but the common tuner (MADS Smarty) had “catcher” software that eliminated that delay and made the truck more responsive, reportedly to the point where it could be questionably scary to drive in the wet if you weren’t ready for it. I believe that the pedal commander does the same type of thing, removing the built in factory delay which you really can’t do with your foot. I’ll find out if it’s worth it or not when I buy one.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my diesel truck I recently sold, there was a delay in the electronics between actually pressing the pedal and the truck reacting. I never tuned mine, but the common tuner (MADS Smarty) had “catcher” software that eliminated that delay and made the truck more responsive, reportedly to the point where it could be questionably scary to drive in the wet if you weren’t ready for it. I believe that the pedal commander does the same type of thing, removing the built in factory delay which you really can’t do with your foot. I’ll find out if it’s worth it or not when I buy one.
It’s an inline plug. That’s impossible. The delay isn’t built into the wiring harness. All it does is modify the signal from the accelerator and tell the truck you are pushing the pedal further than you are. It’s impossibly dumb to pay $300 to have a box that pushes the gas pedal for you imo.

A tuner can make changes like you describe. The Cobb Accessport does in fact. I’m sure others could but don’t know how simply.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just comes down to how you like your pedal to feel. I like all the power to be in the 1/3 pedal throw range, personal preference no doubt.