NorCal / Northern NV Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfhondapilot

Reaction score
Hi, new owner of a 2020 802a. Split time between San Francisco and South Lake Tahoe (near the Oneidas trailhead). Drove the Raptor to SLT back in November, after the early initial snowfall, and was really impressed with the ease of the drive through the mountain sections.

We usually head over to Pine Nut road in Gardnerville to do our target shooting - used to go up to Carson City but it is less convenient given its restricted availability now. That trip is also nice to fill up that tank in NV.

Have subscribed to this thread and appreciate everyone's contributions on potential excursions.

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, new owner of a 2020 802a. Split time between San Francisco and South Lake Tahoe (near the Oneidas trailhead). Drove the Raptor to SLT back in November, after the early initial snowfall, and was really impressed with the ease of the drive through the mountain sections.

We usually head over to Pine Nut road in Gardnerville to do our target shooting - used to go up to Carson City but it is less convenient given its restricted availability now. That trip is also nice to fill up that tank in NV.

Have subscribed to this thread and appreciate everyone's contributions on potential excursions.

I hear you on the fuel. Maverick in Minden is usually $1.20 a gallon cheaper than up here. And Costco in Carson runs .05 to .10 lower still. The Walmart in Gardnerville has 91 and 100 non-ethanol.
Have you ever been down that powerline road over there in your Raptor?
I'm off of Kingsbury grade.

sfhondapilot

Reaction score
I hear you on the fuel. Maverick in Minden is usually $1.20 a gallon cheaper than up here. And Costco in Carson runs .05 to .10 lower still. The Walmart in Gardnerville has 91 and 100 non-ethanol.
Have you ever been down that powerline road over there in your Raptor?

Power Line off of Price? No, I haven't had the chance, yet, to try that. Have you done that road? How far can you get down the trail?

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power Line off of Price? No, I haven't had the chance, yet, to try that. Have you done that road? How far can you get down the trail?

It's off of the Oneidas trail head and runs over to High Meadow trail(intersects Pioneer at the school). Not very long but something to do. I thing it's probably still passable right now. Don't think they gate it like they do Genoa Peak rd. Ride my dirt bikes over there once every couple years. You know I've never tried to see how far i could go. Maybe I'll go over there tomorrow and check it out.

ddubdb3

Reaction score
Subscribed to this thread! I’m located out in Vacaville ready for some of these Spring time runs. Planning on heading up to Truckee area next weekend anyone know of some good open areas to play in the snow??

sfhondapilot

Reaction score

We are up in Tahoe for the President's weekend. Great timing to bring the truck to play in the snow.

So, I saw another Black Raptor (fog lights in the bumper, roll bar, spare mounted in trunk bed) that followed me down Pioneer Trail and turned right onto Elks Club. Wonder if you know that owner?

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are up in Tahoe for the President's weekend. Great timing to bring the truck to play in the snow.

So, I saw another Black Raptor (fog lights in the bumper, roll bar, spare mounted in trunk bed) that followed me down Pioneer Trail and turned right onto Elks Club. Wonder if you know that owner?

Wasn't me... this time.

#BlackRaptorsMatter

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know of any locals with a roll bar. I'll pm you my number if you want to go play around in some snow today. I haven't yet put the truck thru its paces in deep snow. Would like to see what she could do.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm headed up to Lake Tahoe in a few weeks with the family. I'd love to get my Gen 3 out on some trails around the area, any suggestions for decent trails that I can avoid pin striping?

Typr04

Reaction score
I'm headed up to Lake Tahoe in a few weeks with the family. I'd love to get my Gen 3 out on some trails around the area, any suggestions for decent trails that I can avoid pin striping?
You can drive to emigrant gap road off highway 80 and take national forest road 19 on a 30 mile loop that pops out at lake Valley off the yuba gap off ramp. Wide enough for no pin stripes and easy enough for any suv, but more so to test out your truck on something fun and easy. There’s also a bluff at the top if you know where to turn since the signs are down. Went last weekend.9627F7C3-470B-4FB9-B9CF-9AE99A13C3EF.jpeg7FD85F99-7939-4AA4-BA65-F9D8472ED193.jpeg