Overlanding, off-roading, mountaineering...? Whatever you want to call it. Truckin'.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed info. I had not heard of that rack so will have to check it out. I planned to run Billie Bars with a BakFlip X4 cover but this looks like something I should look at.

Great job on interior. That is the identical set up I planned so good to know it worked so well and still looks very clean. I do plan to add a Midland radio and trying to decide where to put it. Think there is space on top of Built right?

OP
OP
Bracamonte

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed info. I had not heard of that rack so will have to check it out. I planned to run Billie Bars with a BakFlip X4 cover but this looks like something I should look at.

Great job on interior. That is the identical set up I planned so good to know it worked so well and still looks very clean. I do plan to add a Midland radio and trying to decide where to put it. Think there is space on top of Built right?

Won't be space with radio and ball-joint mounts - have to pick one or the other. You might look at putting the Builtright in for the radio and then somehow adding in the 67-Designs F150-series base as well behind it for all the other accessories.

IMG_7548.jpg
IMG_7549.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bracamonte

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And the Midland radio...is that for CB, or are you wanting a radio with dual-band and all capabilities? Reason I ask is if you are wanting something full-coverage on the spectrum, I'd do handhelds. Won't have to wire in a truck radio; mobile so if you have to leave your rig in an emergency and travel on foot, you have handhelds with you; can purchase multiples at cheap prices and give to all family members so that everyone can keep in communication if separated - whether for fun and exploring or because of emergency situation.

MPRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics, thx for sharing. hard not to enjoy a trip like that. Just curious where u stayed in Santa Fe area? I grew up around there.

OP
OP
Bracamonte

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics, thx for sharing. hard not to enjoy a trip like that. Just curious where u stayed in Santa Fe area? I grew up around there.

I actually stayed in town (family house in north side of town). It was the one night in civilization. I did laundry and showered before doing one last leg home.

MPRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for sharing. Santa Fe is my hometown actually. Great that u have a family house in a place as unique and beautiful as Santa Fe. I kinda thought you might come back and say you overlanded in Aspen Meadows. Really close to town, yet still up high enough to get the beauty of the area and stay outdoors. (Can get a little crowded sometimes, but still……). Here’s to your next fun trip!.

OP
OP
Bracamonte

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for sharing. Santa Fe is my hometown actually. Great that u have a family house in a place as unique and beautiful as Santa Fe. I kinda thought you might come back and say you overlanded in Aspen Meadows. Really close to town, yet still up high enough to get the beauty of the area and stay outdoors. (Can get a little crowded sometimes, but still……). Here’s to your next fun trip!.

I'll have to keep Aspen Meadow in mind, and you in mind for a reference as I don't really know the SF area that well. It was important to stop somewhere on way home that had a shower and washing machines before i arrived at my house. lol