NorCal / Northern NV Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DZMONEY

Reaction score
New to me Gen 1 raptor owner in Reno. Been to moonrocks and other places in my UTV. I definitely want to learn more and get involved with some group events and runs. Nice to see this thread. Anything off roading and shooting is fun and fine by me.

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this @colemizak it is high time some N NV Raptor owners got organized, a bit. You too long travel Silverado, sweet. Like Noah said there are endless trails here made for high speed and fun. Just have to settle into who fits where. Raptor Offroad Community (ROC) did very organized runs with scheduled hotel overnights. That group merged with RTO and I have not done a run with them since the shakeup so can't say. Some people like day runs only. Some like to sleep in back of truck or tent. Anyone that wants to get hooked up with an organized group should go to RTO or NorCal Raptor Runs on FB. If you just want to fly around the NV desert, get yourself a good VHF radio and GPS and I'm up for whatever.
That’s where I am at right now. Just want to go out and scoot about. Maybe an organized run down the road. Sweet glad to see the interest in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in SoCal, but I have a cabin in Carnelian Bay that I’ll be at from June-Sept. I’d love to get together for some runs.

OP
OP
colemizak

colemizak

Reaction score
Anyone ever been out to the Carson River Hot Springs? Thinking about making a little overnight trip sometime this week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Would come in from the north off of Leviathan Mine Road.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/leviathan-mine-road

A small group from the Reno Overlanding group went out at the end of March and one of them was in an F250. Said it was totally fine for a full sized rig.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a new owner in Chico ca ( far northern California) and looking to get involved in some runs. I am in Tahoe once a year for my son's basketball tournament but other than that I never had a reason to go.

Jaraptor

Reaction score
Just picked up a new raptor in time for it to sit in the garage because of the pandemic. I'm in the SF bay area as well and spend time in Tahoe. I have done Genoa Peak in a Land Cruiser but dont remember if it was wide enough not to pin stripe a raptor.

Jaraptor

Reaction score
Over on Kingsbury grade. Up for day trips but don't do any camping. Done Genoa Peak trail over here. Kings canyon always has an overgrown area by the stream(trickle of water, not a stream) crossing. Raptor would get pin strips for sure. There was a rock slide a few years ago. Don't know if that has been cleared yet.

How did Genoa go with your Gen2, any pin striping? I havent been up there in at least a couple years

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did Genoa go with your Gen2, any pin striping? I havent been up there in at least a couple years

I went the easy trail off of Genoa Peak road. Gets a little tight but no contact with anything. The rocky way up has more clearance but I haven't gone that way in the Raptor only my dirt bikes.