News on the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoffmp

Reaction score
those suspension travel numbers are for 35s.

The package with 37s is 13"/14" respectively.

My SVC mid-travel equipped truck cycles 17.5" front and 22" rear.

So, tell me...

13 = 17.5

and

14 = 22

right?

Not to mention, The shock package on a mid-travel truck DESTROYS what comes on a stock truck.

There is no electric takeoff function on the Gen3s either.

Also- anyone who seriously offroads will never leave a spare under the truck, so that's a moot point.

is the truck better stock for stock when compared to a Gen2, Sure!

Does a stock Gen3 compare, in any way, to a Gen2 on Midtravel suspension? absolutely not.

I mentioned in my post those numbers were for 35s and the travel was restricted for 37s. I also only said it APPROACHES svc mid travel numbers, not performance. And current svc mid travel is 16.5" not the 17.5" of your pre-production/modified kit has. I was also not comparing rear travel numbers. Some people also do not seriously offroad their truck as hard as you do and would possibly appreciate a full size spare under the truck. Different viewpoints and opinions can sway your view on the new gen 3. I appreciate your side of it coming from the pure offroad performance side of it. Thanks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I am aware. I’ve been to some pretty remote places. Just wondering how this truck might evolve. Didnt mean to disturb the bee hive.
I don't think the Raptor will go hybrid, but I want it to. Would love it to be a v8 powerboost, but there's no talk of that yet. The regular f150 will be though.

Eric10

Reaction score
I think everyone is underestimating the ecoboost. The 2021 compression ratio is up and tuned differently, it should have more torque and hp. I don't give a shit about a v8. My 2019 scab with cobb 93 octane tune ams boost tubes, mishimoto intercooler gets 0-60 in 4.4 seconds getting 16 mpg. That's fast enough.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  • Exhaust alone gives +16 HP and +19 lbs. x ft. Torque Max Gains over Gen 2
  • Equal Length Loop Design for Optimum Performance
  • Lay flat reclining seats for your wife and girlfriend.
  • LED license plate lighting.
  • 10.5:1 compression