Newbie in Miami! Debating Raptor vs Trx so help me, don't hate me please LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCooper

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Been debating this for a while and now have ability to preorder either.
Looking for owners that have kids, as the size matters. I have 2 young boys an they are active maniacs in the car, so bigger is better.
Best handling on the road, as this a road truck for me.
Kids in the cabin, K9's in the back!
Comfort, handling and speed!

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an on the road truck, with "comfort, handling, and speed" as the priorities, I'd say a TRX fits you better than a Raptor.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyday driving = Raptor
technology = Raptor
Mpg= Raptor
option to drive in 2wd = Raptor
Resale = Raptor
Engine Sound = Trx
Looks of truck = Definitely Raptor ( imo trx looks like a ram rebel)
towing = Raptor ( ecoboost torque curve reminds me of a diesel lots of torque low in the power band also has 2 more transmission gears)
optional 37 pkg = Raptor

my biased opinion as i closely compared the two

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as space in the cab goes, the Raptor has the same interior space as any other F150 crew cab, and the TRX has the same space any other Ram. So go to your Ford and Ram dealerships and have a look. Pretty sure Ford is a little bigger stats wise, but if it's vital to you, best to see for yourself.

A305Raptor

Reaction score
From my experience daily driving my 2018 raptor in Miami, the truck performs excellent. It has the power when you need it to get around and handles fantastic, and I feel like the truck is always planted to the road even when doing some slightly aggressive turning. But from a Miami traffic perspective, it might be more practical to choose a raptor over the TRX. Yea, the TRX has way more power but realistically, depending on how traffic is, you won't be able to use all of it. The raptor will probably be slightly more fuel-efficient if that's also something you're considering. I don't have any kids, but the space in the back is massive and should be more than enough to handle the kids and still have some storage. I'm sure gen 2 and 3 have close, if not the same cabin space.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My SoFlo opinion

0-60 if that’s important = TRX, not that a Raptor is a slow truck and tuned quite quick still.

Having a blown V8 and that engine sound is obviously a TRX. I still think the 3.5 TT is fun in its own way and you can enhance the turbo sound.

MPG? If a concern the Raptor wins.

In cab space? Probably pretty close but the Raptor is cavernous.

Interior styling? May come down to pure taste. Rams are pretty snazzy, but Ford has upped its game and the interiors wear well on Fords. New Rams? Have to see.

Tech? Would have to give that to the Raptor and the trucks will take OTA updates which could bring something later.

Pricing? I guess it depends on options and what you want to pay. Raptor may win here.

Resale value? Would have to bank on the Raptor unless Fiat is not able to flood the market like they have done with most Hellcat vehicles.

Towing it’s about basically the same.

Raptor overall is the more nimble. TRX is the more all out power on the street, when you can use it in that dense traffic lol

What appeals to you looks wise?

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :D No hate here! If you're gonna spend that kind of money, you gotta weigh your options.

In my opinion, I'd go with the Raptor. Biggest concern with any Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler are the electrical problems. It's a shame because a Dodge Ram can look pretty sharp and Challengers are super cool. But, I decided not to get either because literally everyone I know that's owned a Dodge vehicle (Ram or something else) complains about the electrical problems within a few years or so. I'd say Dodge Rams last the longest from what I've seen, but I couldn't stomach the price of a TRX with their track record.

Raptors certainly aren't perfect and they have room for improvement. But, the F-150 is popular for a reason - I see more older F-150s on the road than I do old Dodge Rams (I see the 90s style the most surprisingly - but older means less electrical stuff).

I don't have kids (and I don't intend to), but my young nephews love my Raptor :D

At the end of the day though, only you know what's best for you. Read, do your research, visit some dealers, or whatever you need to do. You do you :)

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as space in the cab goes, the Raptor has the same interior space as any other F150 crew cab, and the TRX has the same space any other Ram. So go to your Ford and Ram dealerships and have a look. Pretty sure Ford is a little bigger stats wise, but if it's vital to you, best to see for yourself.
this is not true at all