New wheels on the 13' on hold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rey44

Reaction score
I went in today to order the 13' and the dealer tried to put the new wheels in the computer and it said they were on hold.

Does anybody know anything about this?

RcIgo

Reaction score
13 Buy Hold for bead lock

My dealer told me this morning he got an email for a buy hold on bead locks
I ordered a screw terrain colored
Should know more in a day or two but they won't be built anytime soon so I'm sure delivery won't be held up

OP
OP
R

rey44

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What exactly does a buy hold mean? Will we eventually be able to order the new wheels again? Let me know if you hear anything else on the issue. Thanks again!

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
I wonder if someone is saying that FORD can't do beadlocks. I don't think there is any beadlock rim that is DOT approved... meaning you can't drive them on the road. I checked a couple years back for a DOT beadlock and couldn't find one.

Now, I am sure someone will know of one now that I say this. :crazy:

... and yes, I know you can drive a truck on the road with beadlocks.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if someone is saying that FORD can't do beadlocks. I don't think there is any beadlock rim that is DOT approved... meaning you can't drive them on the road. I checked a couple years back for a DOT beadlock and couldn't find one.

Now, I am sure someone will know of one now that I say this. :crazy:

... and yes, I know you can drive a truck on the road with beadlocks.

Fords New Optional Wheel 64A, is "bead-lock capable" the new wheel comes from Ford, with a 12 bolt "Trim Ring". You have to buy the 24 bolt Actual bead-lock ring, through the parts dept. This is what makes it a True Bead-lock wheel. I'm SURE there will be a piece of paper that Says NOT FOR STREET USE, with the 24 bolt rings?? To please DOT........

randy

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah beadlocks aren't DOT approved, but i concurr with Randy, there will just be a disclaimer.

i went to order the beadlocks yesterday in the parts department and no 2013 raptor "parts'' are available yet, per Olathe Ford.

Does anyone have any idea what the cost of the beadlocks will be?

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, does that mean the Methods are not "street legal"?

Huh? What methods? most Methods have a Sim beadlock, unless its a true beadlock method in which the bead (rubber of the tire) is sandwiched between the wheel and a ring that bolts it into place. In which case they aren't DOT approved.

It's kind of like wakeboarding, my vest isn't uscg approved, but no one is going to stop me and if they did well they could ticket me for improper equipment but probably not. Usually they have bigger shit to worry about.

Furthermore the law enforcement officer would really need to know what he or she is looking at and with all the Sim beadlocks running around they probably wouldn't look twice.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But if you live in a state that has an inspection they might catch it. I'd actually be curious to see if they do - especially with all the fake beadlocks out there.

Granted, you can swap out wheels or take the beadlock part off each time you need the inspection, but that sounds like a pain.

I doubt that law enforcement would do much more than a fix-it ticket IF they ever actually noticed, unless the beadlocks were found to be a contributing factor to a wreck. In which case you could shoulder some serious liability.

Just things to consider, none of which would stop me from running them on my DD if I had them. :waytogo: