New Tire Time, What's Good These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as the, "everything stock is dangerous or sucks", internet warriors hate the KO2s, I'm going to stick with them. Ive not noticed driving on ice dynamics in the rain, the only thing that is disappointing about them is they get loud after 20+K miles. This is pretty much true off all off road tires to some extent, and if it isn't there will be a compromise elsewhere.

BFG A/T K02 is probably the most successful all terrain tire of all time. So there will always be people that hate it "just because". It's kinda like the people that hate Glock "just because".

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback... Maybe I should consider the Falken's, but still think I'm leaning MT Baja Boss... The extra weight is a concern though.

I wish these bad boys were still available!
1698354535593.png

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had this debate with myself and had decided on toyo's until I found out that SOME KO2's are on a heavy discount from SOME distributors.
Specifically, the part # that comes OEM on the Jeep's

Here is a picture (understand I run a service/tire shop)

View attachment 429236

The top part number is the OEM for jeeps, the middle one is the generic KO2 (that is load range E). And the bottom # is the OEM for the Raptor.

Everything is the same except the Raptor tire is speed rated for 118 vs 112 for the Jeep. Gen2 raptors are speed limited to 107mph.

Hard to spend an extra 600 (toyos the same as OEM KO2s).

Just passing along the info.
the jeep k02 is the best. It actually runs wider and taller than the ford spec.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had this debate with myself and had decided on toyo's until I found out that SOME KO2's are on a heavy discount from SOME distributors.
Specifically, the part # that comes OEM on the Jeep's

Here is a picture (understand I run a service/tire shop)

View attachment 429236

The top part number is the OEM for jeeps, the middle one is the generic KO2 (that is load range E). And the bottom # is the OEM for the Raptor.

Everything is the same except the Raptor tire is speed rated for 118 vs 112 for the Jeep. Gen2 raptors are speed limited to 107mph.

Hard to spend an extra 600 (toyos the same as OEM KO2s).

Just passing along the info.
Can't quite make out that part number.

35TT

Reaction score
Just replaced my OG k02’s on my 19 with 28k miles on them, hard and dry rot. I put a claim in with bfg, I had my new set discounted slightly.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting. Is this the rubicon with the 35” package?
Correct. I kept the same wheels going from a ford spec k02 to a jeep k02 and I occasionally rub on my rockblockz. Of coarse visually much bigger. Downside is you have a lower speed rating, going from 113mph to just over 100.