New Raptor engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah its true!! All of the Gen 2's are being recalled. Ford has decided that all of these cam phaser problems are costing more than its worth, so all of the v6 engines are being swapped out with supercharged v8's now.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fake news....... it's a hoax

Yep. Ford just broke ground on a new electric plant but are going to go backwards and put in a V8 into the Raptor? Fords future is electric, and Henry wanted that near 100 years ago. Also, I have a hard time believing Ford will fracture the Raptor lineup and have a limited V8 edition and then the hybrid V6. In fact, I wonder if an all new power plant is coming out for the Raptor. IE a 4.0 or even bigger V6 to allow for more power and torque. That could be the reason for the delay and also the supposed difference in exhaust note some spy videos are showing.

NickyBiscuits

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of turbocharged engines. I'd take the same 3.5, a bigger displacement v6, or a forced induction V8... BUT Electric... unless its a Tesla motor, Give me that dinosaur Juice!