New Power Steering Reservoir and Differential Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a load of Raptor Runs I decided Big Blue deserved a few upgrades.

Thanks to Roger at RSI Works for the Mag-Hytec Cover. Great upgrade and straight forward install. Top notch quality. It will be nice to be able to check the fluid level or for metal particals just by pulling the dipstick. I opted to use Royal Purple for the fluid fill.

Thanks to RPG for the Power Steering Reservoir. I blew my PS pump and just got a new one installed, so what better time than now to try and preserve the life of the new unit with an upgraded Reservior. Also a great upgrade, top notch quality of unit and fittings and also a straight forward install. As you can see, also works with an Airaid CAI without issue. I opted for Royal Purple for the fluid fill here too.

Total time for the install was 3 hours.

Now I have one clean thing under the truck and one clean thing under the hood. :Big Laugh:

imagejpg1_zpsda5ad476.jpg
imagejpg1_zps93905376.jpg
imagejpg1_zps525cb69c.jpg

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Ahh you need the anodized blue one!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Looks good though tighten it down HARD mine broke the plastic mounts in Texas and fell on top of the block. Ask Noah about that one haha

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

akflier

Reaction score
So I've been looking at the RPG reservoir. Is this mod actually helpful for the life and longevity of the power steering pump? Just brought my '14 SCrew home, so it's still pretty cherry. It's my daily driver with as many journeys off the beaten path as possible. So is this a worthy mod?