New owner of 2010 raptor rollover victim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDmech

Reaction score
I’m from Saskatchewan and finally found a 6.2 raptor in my price range. Wasn’t allowed to look at truck but saw a few pics online at gov website. Couldn’t control myself and bid $6000. Still haven’t got it home yet. Front end and right side look good. Box pretty beat up. Cab a bit too but am surprised how well it held up. Definitely looking to go through this thing completely and get it back on the road. I’m a retired heavy duty mechanic and have time now

OP
OP
H

HDmech

Reaction score
Yeah sorry about no pictures. Soon as I get it home I’ll post a few. Next week sometime. I’m really anxious to get a good look at it. Back right wheel was in the box in pics I saw so it’s eating at me what broke there. Axle, wheel studs? Dunno. $6000 mystery box

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah sorry about no pictures. Soon as I get it home I’ll post a few. Next week sometime. I’m really anxious to get a good look at it. Back right wheel was in the box in pics I saw so it’s eating at me what broke there. Axle, wheel studs? Dunno. $6000 mystery box
The rear ends are hard to get for the raptors, not impossible, but hard like hens teeth! Hopefully just an axle or studs, lol.

OP
OP
H

HDmech

Reaction score
Coronaraptor I have read that the raptor is wider than the f150 so been concerned about that diff. Just finished beefing up the 8.8 for my marauder but haven’t had anything to do with light truck differentials yet. I’m worried. Hopefully the cast centre section is intact and axle tube is not mangled.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coronaraptor I have read that the raptor is wider than the f150 so been concerned about that diff. Just finished beefing up the 8.8 for my marauder but haven’t had anything to do with light truck differentials yet. I’m worried. Hopefully the cast centre section is intact and axle tube is not mangled.
You can get aftermarket from Currie, but its expensive, I wouldn't panic yet. Post a pic of your Marauder , my Dad used to have one back in the 60's.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

They are wider than stock f-150s.

As long as the center section is good, a re-tube isn't that bad. if the brakes are good, a replacement from currie will run you around 4 grand USD.

I'm interested in following your adventure. good luck!