New General Grabber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
My Nitto's are 11lbs heavier than the BFGs and it's very noticeable...guess that's what I get for having the puny 5.4 :( I'm getting something around the weight of the BFGs next time.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody regeared a Raptor yet? Would probably help with the bigger/heavier tires.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IIRC, the guy at 4wheelparts told me that his book listed the General at 88 lbs and the stock BFG at just over 50. This was back when 4wheel parts was the exclusive distributor for the DOT Generals. Considering the source, I don't have any issue accepting different numbers. Does anyone have the specs directly from the manufacturers?

Even a 13 lb difference will be noticeable in acceleration... what many people might not notice is the braking distance will increase as well. (along with wear on the brake pads) You have to get those heavy spinning flywheels stopped and most of the added weight is likely way out at the tread which magnifies the "inertia effect".

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mark, the numbers above are from (1) General Tire's own website and (2) Tire Rack's website (re: the BFG A/T KO)

Thanks Dan... but I believe the "Raptor version" of the BFG is supposed to be lighter than the "other" version... Tire Rack has the Raptor version at 66 and the regular version at 64. Maybe a misprint?

If it is, the difference would still only be 15 lbs... way off from the 40 lbs I mentioned in the other thread. But still an appreciable increase in unsprung weight and rotating mass.

Thanks for doing the research!!! :)

cireland88

Reaction score
Does anybody have any ideas how the Grabber's will do in the snow. I've read two different articles one say their great and the other says not so much.

Frivol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any ideas how the Grabber's will do in the snow. I've read two different articles one say their great and the other says not so much.

The articles i've scene about them is that they would do great, then agian, i've read articles saying that the stockers would do horrible, and i have had no trouble this winter. IMO i'd go ask your local tire shop to see how they are doing in your local area.

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone else thinks these tires dont look as good as toyo open country m/t or nitto trail grapplers for 20's ...? but i still would like to try them

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the best looking tires are Toyo M/T's but those suckers are heavy! Anyone know how much heavier they are compared to stock.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score