New General Grabber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch 150lbs, I guess I either heard wrong or didn't pay enough attn to those weights.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are the Projects:

And I was also worried about the weight of the Generals, but I found out the Projects weigh about 150 lbs each. I guess when you design a tire to be bullet proof during the Baja 1000, you get some un-sprung weight to go along with it.

Since I have the 5.4, and I feel it's already underpowered on the street, I'm sticking with the OEM tires around town, and I'll take the BFGs off road, where I don't notice the lack of power most the time.

Rob, I know those tires are BFG Bajas so I need to learn about "Projects" name as I've not heard of that before nor have I been able to find them online.

Also, you're running the OEM BFG T/A KO's on the street - what BFGs are you going to run offroad? (These Bajass?)

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got almost 30K miles on mine and I haven't lost any chunks off of my tires. The only complaint I have about these tires is they don't hook because most of my off-road time is spent in soft dirt, mud, and beach sand. I thinking about getting BFG KM2s, General Grabbers, or the Nitto Trail Grapplers to replace my stock tires. I haven't really decided on if I'm sticking with 35s or going to 37s.

The only time I've heard of the DOT stamp being called into question is with M/T ET street slicks and other DOT approved slicks.

Has anyone found out the spring rate of the tire itself?

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 Generals or Toyo's ?. General only makes a 37" race tire for now. The Toyo's are great but 13.5" wide ???? Falken wild peak are also now available in a 37 x 12.5 x 17 They sell for $314.00 each. I have only sold them one to a customer who asked for them by name. They looked good.

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob, I know those tires are BFG Bajas so I need to learn about "Projects" name as I've not heard of that before nor have I been able to find them online.

Also, you're running the OEM BFG T/A KO's on the street - what BFGs are you going to run offroad? (These Bajass?)

Let me start by stating, I'm not an expert, so I'm just sharing my understanding of the BFG product line.

If you look up BFG Bajas, you'll find two tred designs. One looks close to the Mud Terrains, and the other is the one above. Both are called BFG Bajas, the M/T looking ones meet DOT specs, the Projects do now. The projects have a less aggrssive tred, 5-ply, and ribbed sidewalls.

Here's a pic of them side by side:

BFGBajas.jpg

Right now, I'm running the OEM rubber on the street, but I'll be purchasing Method Racing Beadlocks and Baja Projects (35") for the dirt. I'll put up pics when I get around to it. I'm also getting married, so some of my fun money is getting siphoned off right now. DOH!!

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more note:

I have seen more variations of this tire than we're seeing here. I've seen a set made specifically for the front tires, with an additional equatorial groove carved in. Also, some tires come with the ribbed walls, some don't.