New engine being built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be looking for places to off-road around Lubbock. Hopefully there's some near there

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

There are some sand dunes about 45 minutes from Odessa that are always fun for the truck or the quad. Treypal was talking about some racing in Notreas but I don't know how far it is from Lubbock.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are some sand dunes about 45 minutes from Odessa that are always fun for the truck or the quad. Treypal was talking about some racing in Notreas but I don't know how far it is from Lubbock.

I dont mind a drive..lol I make a trip to Lubbock at least once every two weeks (girlfriend lives there)

OP
OP
Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont mind a drive..lol I make a trip to Lubbock at least once every two weeks (girlfriend lives there)

Well I have a friend that is a recruiter in Lubbock and I told her that I would visit her and then maybe head down to the sand hills with her. If I end up making that trip I will give you a heads up.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just me but I would build it to be N/A and put bullet proof componets in! Will be a challenge to get the tuning correct but it will perform much better on the street and off road. Nothing like the lope that the aggressive cam sound does for your soul along with the looks at stop lights with the truck shaking just a little!!

Anyone can ******** a blower or turbo...

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So . .:hmm:. the Moral of the Story is:

If you have an aftermarket Cold Air Induction

---------> then <---------

---> CHECK IT ~ OFTEN <---

good luck with the build. it will be great

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you doing billet "h" beam rods? Does Callies Cranks make a forged crank for our trucks yet? What manufacturers are you going with? Mahle, JE, Wiseco, Olivers,... Are you going for the same compression ratio? I am very interested to see what your going to do with your engine. I used to work at a "top secret" GM facility and all we did is build badass engines.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I have a friend that is a recruiter in Lubbock and I told her that I would visit her and then maybe head down to the sand hills with her. If I end up making that trip I will give you a heads up.

Sounds good, would be fun.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Just me but I would build it to be N/A and put bullet proof componets in! Will be a challenge to get the tuning correct but it will perform much better on the street and off road. Nothing like the lope that the aggressive cam sound does for your soul along with the looks at stop lights with the truck shaking just a little!!

Anyone can ******** a blower or turbo...

I'd really like to see a big N/A build..I have to agree that nothing sounds quite as good as a nice aggressive lope