Engine Tick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scary gary

Reaction score
Recently started to nice a tick in the engine bay. Seems to be coming from the top side of the engine on the passanger side.
Does not go away.
I also have a few codes being shown.
P0420
P061A
P1450.
Video attached of tick. I unfortunately my warranty recently expired and looking for advise ford the let the dealership take advantage.

OP
OP
scary gary

scary gary

Reaction score
phasers don’t not long ago. Also seems be a slightly different sound and will still do this after hours of driving

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles on it? The HPFP does make some noise as it is cam driven - could be that I suppose but it seems pretty loud. Mine was bad like yours when I brought it in for phasers to be replaced, the SA said he is sure that is phaser related noise but they would check it out once the valve covers were off. When I got the truck back it sounded like a new motor it idled so quietly.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How’s your oil level?

OP
OP
scary gary

scary gary

Reaction score
How many miles on it? The HPFP does make some noise as it is cam driven - could be that I suppose but it seems pretty loud. Mine was bad like yours when I brought it in for phasers to be replaced, the SA said he is sure that is phaser related noise but they would check it out once the valve covers were off. When I got the truck back it sounded like a new motor it idled so quietly.
I always thought plasterers were at start up? This continues all day. Also has new phasers maybe 5k miles ago.
I got 120k miles now

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always thought plasterers were at start up? This continues all day. Also has new phasers maybe 5k miles ago.
I got 120k miles now
Yeah me too. I mean, I did have really bad phaser noise at startup too but as I let it go for a long while, my idle sounded like yours in addition to the loud ticking/knocking noise at idle.

OP
OP
scary gary

scary gary

Reaction score
Yeah me too. I mean, I did have really bad phaser noise at startup too but as I let it go for a long while, my idle sounded like yours in addition to the loud ticking/knocking noise at idle.
Thanks. I got an appointment Wednesday. Sucks my warranty recently expired. But I had phasers done maybe 5k miles ago so hopefully it’s all related and covered.