New Continental Terrain Contact tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Butler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We dropped tire pressure to 35 pounds and it made a huge difference. We drove the 18 and it was softer, just my opinion, wife was not happy until we reduced tire pressure. Now happy much different. Again just my opinion.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
We dropped tire pressure to 35 pounds and it made a huge difference. We drove the 18 and it was softer, just my opinion, wife was not happy until we reduced tire pressure. Now happy much different. Again just my opinion.

That is great news.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 seems to be the magic number for me as well. I was at 42 pounds when I took delivery. After reading many opinions on here I dropped the pressure and could not be happier. I thought the 18 drove excellent as well,that’s what got me wanting this vehicle. I too was concerned when I heard talk about the 19 and the shocks being firmer. I have Only driven and 18 for a couple of hours and now owning a 19, I can honestly say that the ride is more controlled, less body lean and less nosedive when braking. I mean what I say that this truck drives as smooth as my Lexus LX 570, and much more controlled . I just remembered it was the Fast Lane Truck channel that one of the guys said they thought it Road rough, I’m sure y’all can watch the video and see for yourself. I truly don’t know what this guy was talking about. I can’t believe a 6000 pound truck with all terrain tires is as smooth and fun to drive as it is

invalidusername

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I got these same tires over black friday with the continental rebate and the discount tire rebate.
$627 shipped to me and $93 mount and balance.

My KO2s were worn down to the wear bar in the center from the previous owner. They were terrible when there was any moisture on the road and on a turn and loud on the highway.

I figured I try these out at that price and it's way better in the rain and is quiet but I can't speak for how much better it was vs the KO2 since my KO2s were worn out.

The Continentals tend to not keep the roundness if you park for a few hours. It gets very lumpy like it's unbalanced when driving on the highway for a while then it will round out again and not do that.
I'm currently running 38psi in the front and 37psi in the rear. After driving on the highway it goes to 41 in the front and 40 in the rear on my display.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those blessed guys whose wife likes driving trucks. Our other truck is a Tacoma and I tend to test products for the Raptor first on the Taco. BFG tires have stood up to the test on both trucks. There's no perfect solution, but the KO2's have the most Pro's (vs Cons) for me on the Raptor. I have BFG Trail Terrain AT's on the Taco and BFGs on my three previous Taoyota Trucks. The Trail Terrain's look like less aggressive KO2's. I'm hoping BFG might offer the 315/70R17 size in these for a bit less noise as they are whisper quiet on the Taco and it does great in sand and gravel. For now, I'm open to trying new tires that work better, but the KO2 works for me, for now.