New Continental Terrain Contact tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I had a set mounted up on Friday. Anyone else running these? What tire pressure are you running, on these or any other load range E tire?

They obviously seem a bit stiffer than the BFG's at 36 psi, but are way less noisy. I aired them down to 29 each tonight and will run them for a while and see if they soften up with some miles, and adjust from there. It seems like the BFG's softened up after several hundred miles. These are more of an all-season tread than the all-terrain they claim, but that's what I was after.

Got them on Ebay from Discount Tire, will end up being $713 for all 4 shipped, once I get my $100 rebate. At that price, I figured I would take a shot.

Untitled.jpg

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It's not as aggressive, but I am okay with it. I don't really plan on anything more than the occasional dirt road, same as every other 4wd truck I've owned. I have other toys for that stuff, I just like the look, the power and the ride. Still wondering what other guys running E range tires are running for tire pressure.

Someone PM'd me for pics, here's a few.

Forgot to add, they weigh 63 lbs/ea, I believe that's 1 less than the bfg's.

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

Last edited:

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tires did you go with? Sure these will be fine. I have a Lexus LX 570 with Mitchell tires that are less aggressive than those. It’s a 2015 which has crawled control which is the same thing as the 19 raptor trail control I believe. It’s never been stuck. Crawled up hills driven through creeks with loose rock. Does everything I needed to do.My raptor which is on order will never see Sandune’s either.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Stock 315/70r17. The $100 gift card from Continental is over at end of business tomorrow. You can do it online though. Not sure when the $100 discount from Discount Tire ends though.

Edit, I believe the gift card deal ends on Wednesday the 31st, not tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Just to wrap this up, not that most would care about a street oriented tire, but some will. Discount Tire ended up having to send me a new tire, 1 had 47 lbs. of road force and couldn't be corrected. Discount reimbursed me $100 for the road force balance and tire install at a different tire shop, now all good.

Tires are 10 ply and a little firmer than the BFG's, but are whisper quiet, 1 lb. lighter, warranted for 60k miles and don't hydroplane near as bad. I sold my newish BFG's, with 4400 miles, for $13 less than what I paid for the Continentals, so I am happy.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the ride is Fermer ? I’m surprised. I guess a 10 ply tire makes a big difference

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Yup. I guess along with the 60,000 mile warranty comes a harder rubber compound. It's really not that bad, just a little firmer, I will play around with the pressures.

My biz partner's truck is in the shop and I drove his loaner '18 XLT w/ 20's down to New Braunfels today, that thing was exponentially more harsh than the Raptor with the Continentals. All relative I guess. I can't imagine going back to a dang old regular truck.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not terrible, for a street tire. I like to see people experiment with new tires, so we get a good idea of the range of options.

Been decided on the Cooper ST Maxx as my replacement tire up until recently, when a HARO member posted his for sell. Asked him what he thought of them and was replacing them with, and he said he had the new Firestone MT2s and they were better in every way (and the Coopers had been better than everything else he had run). So now I'm thinking I may run a mud terrain on my daily.