New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its wicked, but with the price of the '15 Platinum F150, I am concerned the sticker price will be uncomfortably high on the Raptor.

I will miss the SVT name. Ford Performance sounds terrible IMHO

I do not have any doubts that the new truck will be better in almost every way than the old truck (minus the sound of the V8 vs the V6). It will perform better in almost every way and last just as long if not longer. If you are worried, buy ESP. That should cover you until the next truck you buy.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion... Stop bashing the new truck or others until you drive it and blow the doors off a 1st gen Raptor. (Ever pull up to an intersection with a 2014 3.5L truck... yeah, thats what I am talking about).

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cautiously Optimistic

I think it looks great, and having had a V6 Eco Boost in a 2013 Platinum before I got my 2014 Raptor, I think the engine will be fine with some minor upgrades that we all do to all trucks anyway. Surprising torque and h.p possible from these light little power plants. As with all new toys, though, there is always the same ole questions of time testing new transmission applications like the different terrain modes and 10 speeds. Hope they hold up better than the first Jeeps did! The paddle shifters will be awesome in off-road mode since it's obviously not a street racer......The lighter weight will make it more nimble on the trail and we all love more power switches!!! I bet more changes will happen before production that may address some of the early concerns from the public opinion blogs.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its wicked, but with the price of the '15 Platinum F150, I am concerned the sticker price will be uncomfortably high on the Raptor.

I will miss the SVT name. Ford Performance sounds terrible IMHO

Yeah, let's see someone get a decal from Designs-N-Signs and put that on their hood... ;)

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
Someone needs to start a Poll on...

1. Going to buy
2. Not going to buy (because of engine)
3. Not going to buy (because of looks)
4. Waiting for 2nd year to work out the bugs

Put me down for Going to buy. Trade the 2012 in. Now I will have to wrap another truck with matte black.

... and @dataustin, what the hell is a fax? :)