New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
"No replacement for displacement"

Actually technology is the replacement for displacement now.

Embrace it.
Love the gas, Meg. Love it!

deef38c07c4cfe1db141176e0217d774.jpg

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current Raptor owners just remember this as you contemplate trading in your current truck for one of these: There is no replacement for displacement. You will never be able to make as much power with this engine as you can with a 6.2. Just food for thought. I'm actually glad Ford didn't offer the new Raptor with a V-8, it helps my truck hold it's resale value!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Current Raptor owners just remember this as you contemplate trading in your current truck for one of these: There is no replacement for displacement. You will never be able to make as much power with this engine as you can with a 6.2. Just food for thought. I'm actually glad Ford didn't offer the new Raptor with a V-8, it helps my truck hold it's resale value!

This isn't 1970.

There is a huge replacement for displacement it's called forced induction.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What? Seriously? The same 3.5L Ecoboost is pushing 600hp stock from the GT. Forced induction motors, especially stock ones, have HUGE potential. Not to mention the weight savings and LESS rotational mass within the motor of the 3.5L compared to the 6.2L.

The 6.2L will not hold a candle to the 3.5L especially when the aftermarket catches up to the 3.5L. New turbos, intercoolers, intakes, exhausts, remaps, etc. will blow the doors off ANY 6.2L whether it be supercharged or not.