New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olk

Reaction score
I just am in process of buying '12 Screw and seeing this new one, I have no regrets even if I could own it today. Something is wrong with the grille and hood and all the nice things in interior do not overcome the lack of .. something.

Somehow, something just does not click. It was the same with new Dodge Charger SRT-8, when I bought my SRT-8 '12.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. Stock for stock heck no but modded 6.2 will get it

Well, obviously. Throw enough money into ANY motor and itll outrun most anything. I know of a local 2007 Subaru STI that has a fully built 2.5L motor that walks all over stock Nissan GTRs. All in all the guy has about $65k into the car including purchase price and its faster than $100,000 cars.

The more money you have the faster you can make a car.

We are talking stock for stock here. The 6.2L is going to be slower than the new 3.5L Raptor, period.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Birdman receives smackdown lol

3.5 > 6.2

Seriously, I'm saying it now... everyone needs to embrace the new Raptor for what it is. It's a Raptor. If you hate it, or you hate the V6 engine...that is fine. Voice your opinion. Just understand that others will also have their opinions, so let's try to keep the butt hurt to a minimum within the FRF family. Go troll Youtube or Facebook if you need to get it out of your system.

Deal?

Kofi-Slaps-Miz-GIF.gif

:laughing1::laughing1::laughing1:OMG THIS IS SO DAMN HALLARIOUS!! :laughing1::laughing1::laughing1:

Last edited:

TNVOLRAPTOR

Reaction score
Raptor fans. The 14 R came standard with a Torsen front diff. The 17 says that will be an optional item. Anybody know what is in the 17 Torsen diff that differentiates it from the 14?

badwolf

Reaction score
Sigh...c'mon ford....

I like everything i see about the new truck EXCEPT the engine choice...not sure about the 10 speed tranny either which i think was done to get the most out of the engine. I like V8's and their characteristics.

And the Ford GT using the ecoboost?! c'mon... should have put in a variation of the new flat plane crank V8 in that one.

I feel like these decisions were done partly for some environmental type reason (which really they should not have since these are not high production number vehicles anyway) and partly as some sort of huge marketing statement trying to justify how great the ecoboost V6 is.

Deal breaker for me, i'm keeping my 6.2 and even if i had the funds, would not get the new GT. I would however get the new shelby GT350

Im not knocking the ecoboost engine per se, just not my thing for these applications. I'm very disappointed.

Alex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while performance may increase from bigger shocks, (supposedly) more hp, and wider stance, i dont like the look of it, or the 10 speed transmission. doesnt seem right to have 10 gears to mess with in a truck. and the looks are not my style. our first gen raptors are a one of a kind look. with this new setup, i see gm headlights and toyota grill and tailgate.

I agree with 1000% on every point you made.

DALTON

Reaction score
Called my dealer today to get a spot in line. I'll keep the '12 and park the new one right next to it. Very interested in how the engine will come together with the twin turbo and putting out the promised higher HP and torque than the 6.2. Whichever I like better will be my driver and the boy will drive the other.....now we wait

TangoUniform

Reaction score
Sigh...c'mon ford....

I like everything i see about the new truck EXCEPT the engine choice...not sure about the 10 speed tranny either which i think was done to get the most out of the engine. I like V8's and their characteristics.

And the Ford GT using the ecoboost?! c'mon... should have put in a variation of the new flat plane crank V8 in that one.

I feel like these decisions were done partly for some environmental type reason (which really they should not have since these are not high production number vehicles anyway) and partly as some sort of huge marketing statement trying to justify how great the ecoboost V6 is.

Deal breaker for me, i'm keeping my 6.2 and even if i had the funds, would not get the new GT. I would however get the new shelby GT350

Im not knocking the ecoboost engine per se, just not my thing for these applications. I'm very disappointed.

The GT is using it because of the racing regs. They plan on racing it this year and at Le Mans next year.

It will make over 600hp in the GT - I would guess somewhere around what the new Z06 makes - so perhaps we will see something as high as 550 in the Raptor? That would help me forget the 6.2.

I'm also not a fan of the dual exhausts straight out the back - on the sides would have been better imho.