New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80sTiger

Reaction score
Overall, looks good and I like it. But ...

1) Front of the vehicle - design looks cool, but looks to "plastic". The outline on the headlights looks cool

2) I DO NOT LIKE THE TAILGATE as well. That plastic on it. I do not like that.

3) Overall, truck looks good. I wouldn't say a ton better than my 2014. The kicker will be how that new EcoBoost works in the real world. If it's badass and has substantially better mileage, that would be nice. If it's only 3-4 mpg better overall, big deal. I'd rather have my throaty V8 6.2L.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
yea but you can always only get so much out of that v6. If current raptors really wanted to expand our motors, we can make a lot more than they ever will. Plus we will have that v-8 sound instead of a rice burner sound.

Always remember....theres no replacement for displacement.

Also remember, with enough time and money, you can do anything.

The old no replacement for displacement saying is old school thinking. I'm not knocking the v8 by no means, but just saying the TT v6 will hold its ground and then some. The v8 has 25% more rotational mass that you have to account for as well.

+1.

Although, exhaust notes typically suffer, and we know Raptor owners love thumpin. I'm interested to hear what the new platform sounds like through that beastly looking rear split dual. I'm sure it won't disappoint, but to compare it to the existing setups will be interesting.

Go listen to some Baja v6 and I6 buggies, they can still "thump" depending on the setup and boy do they scream. I'm curious how the stock exhaust will compare as well.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
"Suspension geometry changes were aimed at reducing axle wind-up, which is an engineer-y term for the binding that causes shakes, shudders, and other sh…tuff you don't want. They went to staggered outboard shock mounts—one located ahead of the axle and one behind—and also aligned the engine and pinion better, allowing the use of one-piece aluminum driveshafts in many cases where Ford used two-piece steel units in the past."

Nothing really. Just changes the way the axel moves since it moves on an angle. Instead of moving away from the trans it will move towards it

Thanks guys! Figured it'd be something like that. However, Deaver +3's took care of that, lol.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing really. Just changes the way the axel moves since it moves on an angle. Instead of moving away from the trans it will move towards it

EXrider

Reaction score
So long 6.2L

More overall power is good, but there's no replacement for displacement! Hopefully that helps hold the resale on our 6.2's!

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the FORD "special vehicles" are under a new group, SVT is in the past. They are supposed to have 12 or so new vehicles 16-17', Raptor will be one, but a few are offered in Europe only, supposedly. Ford has be known for a little "misdirection" in the past though. Always been fun to see what really happens in the end.