New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the pros/cons of the shock mounted in a reverse position for the rear?

TNVOLRAPTOR

Reaction score
Truck looks good. One thing though, I am not a fan of the new heating/cooling vents. I prefer the round ones, the new dash vents look like they were stole out of a RAM.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Suspension geometry changes were aimed at reducing axle wind-up, which is an engineer-y term for the binding that causes shakes, shudders, and other sh…tuff you don't want. They went to staggered outboard shock mounts—one located ahead of the axle and one behind—and also aligned the engine and pinion better, allowing the use of one-piece aluminum driveshafts in many cases where Ford used two-piece steel units in the past."

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the pros/cons of the shock mounted in a reverse position for the rear?

Desert Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea but you can always only get so much out of that v6. If current raptors really wanted to expand our motors, we can make a lot more than they ever will. Plus we will have that v-8 sound instead of a rice burner sound.

Always remember....theres no replacement for displacement.

True, but as a factory offering the new Raptor will outperform the current model. And new owners will be able to upgrade too with new intercoolers and turbos once aftermarket catches up.

As far as current owners wanting to upgrade their engines, I think that goes wihout sayiing because with enough money you could make the Raptor fly, float, or both but still doesn't detract from the fact that the new factory offering will be a better peformer over the last one. As for long term durability, that might be a different discussion over time.

The Raptor won't sound like a rice burner; I ran a Full Race aftermarket exhaust on the Eco and while not nearly as cool sounding as either the 5.0L or 6.2L, it actually sounded quite sporty especially with the turbo spool under WOT and was a far cry from being ricey! I am sure the Ford guys improved more so. But the 6.2L will always sound better IMHO.

I am still buying one. :)

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing really. Just changes the way the axel moves since it moves on an angle. Instead of moving away from the trans it will move towards it