Need help with my first purchases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Ordering. There is also a 15% off coupon from a YouTube video. I’ll try to post it later when complete the transaction for anyone who likes extra $$
You can’t even tell there’s PPF.

Attachments

• B2DBFF63-3003-45C3-9C7E-E3A3A36FDD1F.jpeg
    B2DBFF63-3003-45C3-9C7E-E3A3A36FDD1F.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 16

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thank you. Ordering. There is also a 15% off coupon from a YouTube video. I’ll try to post it later when complete the transaction for anyone who likes extra $$
Serious question:
Isn’t the door handle still the same design as the 2015+ F series? IOW, you pull out the handle, twist the cylinder with a set of needle nose pliers - I can almost do it by hand - open the door and then take what you want - including the truck.

I know the fob can be hacked/cloned, but is that really the weak link?

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Serious question:
Isn’t the door handle still the same design as the 2015+ F series? IOW, you pull out the handle, twist the cylinder with a set of needle nose pliers - I can almost do it by hand - open the door and then take what you want - including the truck.

I know the fob can be hacked/cloned, but is that really the weak link?
It would be when you are surfing essentially because the truck can be left in a power on state or accessory state by accident. Its not so much for theft purposes but to make sure that if someone did get into the truck they can't just drive it away by pressing the button.

I will also be putting in a console safe for my other items like phone and wallet and key in bag. They don't want to steal the truck really, they just want your phone and wallet so they can run $40k on your credit cards before you finish your surf session and even know what happened. Ask me how I know lol but I'm certainly not going to let someone have the ability of just pressing a button when I'm surfing to drive off in it.