Need Advise on Loud No Drone Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryerle23`

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE my MBRP exhaust. Mine is the dumped setup and I don't get any nasty drone.
And when at WOT it sounds awesome

Weird, I have the MBRP turndown setup and it has a fair amount of drone from 1600-1900 rpms

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, I have the MBRP turndown setup and it has a fair amount of drone from 1600-1900 rpms

I have drone in the same range with my MBRP cat-back. Talking to them currently to try and find a fix for it. Thinking about sticking my OEM resonator back on.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

blackraptor99

Reaction score
I put the factory resonator back on my MRBP Black Catback. Took away most of the drone and still far better sounding than the factory setup. Only problem now is the black is all coming off and looks like a rusty old *************. They've now replaced the tip three times as the black coating can't handle the heat when working it hard.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of going one of two routes (possibly)...

I plan to remove the stock exhaust and replace with either one of these following mufflers and keep the stock resonator and stock exit/pipes:

1). MagnaFlow 14419: MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

2). Dynomax Race Series Bullet: Race Series Bullet Mufflers - DynoMax® Performance Exhaust

Yea, or nay?! Thoughts?

Definitely the MagnaFlow! It will sound killer. With the resonator in place you will still have a bit of resonance just due to the sheer aggressiveness of the muffler, but I think it will sound great. Check our site out if you plan on ordering!

Stainless Steel Muffler 14419 Magnaflow Performance Exhaust - High Performance Parts and Accessories from Got Exhaust

ryerle23`

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the factory resonator back on my MRBP Black Catback. Took away most of the drone and still far better sounding than the factory setup. Only problem now is the black is all coming off and looks like a rusty old *************. They've now replaced the tip three times as the black coating can't handle the heat when working it hard.

Did you have a MBRP resonator on before?

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of going one of two routes (possibly)...

I plan to remove the stock exhaust and replace with either one of these following mufflers and keep the stock resonator and stock exit/pipes:

1). MagnaFlow 14419: MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

2). Dynomax Race Series Bullet: Race Series Bullet Mufflers - DynoMax® Performance Exhaust

Yea, or nay?! Thoughts?

I have the magnaflow 14419 with the stock resonator and it is beast. The only differences between our 2 setups is mine is dumped in front of the rear axle and I have a Corsa CAI (you may have a CAI, I dunno) but man does it sound amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the magnaflow 14419 with the stock resonator and it is beast. The only differences between our 2 setups is mine is dumped in front of the rear axle and I have a Corsa CAI (you may have a CAI, I dunno) but man does it sound amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I just realized that since I want to keep the stock exit pipes and location, I'll have to put in a "Y" pipe after the muffler itself. Unless Magnaflow has a muffler with dual exits.

Will this create any issues with the flow? Power loss due too any added back pressure/uneven flow?

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where did you get an adapter to transition from the 2.5" OEM resonator to the 3.5" MBRP pipe? I checked with a local muffler shop yesterday, and they advised there dies only go up to 3".

I decided after that to just sell the MBRP kit and buy a Borla or Corsa....something with no drone. Much easier and less time consuming than trying to get an adapter. Hit me up for a barely used MBRP cat-back. I have pics and sound clips.