NAV Map version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone -

I just wanted to jump in to clarify some information.

If your truck did not come with the in-dash navigation feature from the factory, you cannot add this feature by simply inserting an SD card.

When updates are made available, letters are usually sent out. Otherwise, you can always check with HERE (formally Navteq), our map supplier:

GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

If you'd like to report missing or incorrect information to be corrected on a future update, you can do so here:

https://mapreporter.navteq.com/#dashboard

It does require you to make an account.

Map updates are separate from SYNC software updates. You can check to see if you have one available by logging into your SYNC owner account, and clicking on UPDATE SYNC SOFTWARE from the right side of the welcome page:

SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com

The SD card slot in located on the media hub in the center console.

The A5 navigation card has maps for the U.S., and Canada; B5 is for the U.S., and Mexico.

If anyone has additional questions, feel free to give me a shout.

Jaclyn

Jaclyn, thanks for chiming in, I wish simple explanations like yours were produced by Ford and put in the owners manual

OP
OP
3rdStng

3rdStng

Reaction score
I'm disappointed with my dealer that I got the A4 maps after hearing the A5's were coming in the new Raptors since April-ish. So I reached out to the Ford NAV team asking for an update and was told to contact my dealer. I figured as much, so I'm heading to the dealer Thursday.

D

Deleted member 12951

I'm disappointed with my dealer that I got the A4 maps after hearing the A5's were coming in the new Raptors since April-ish. So I reached out to the Ford NAV team asking for an update and was told to contact my dealer. I figured as much, so I'm heading to the dealer Thursday.

I think it is going to matter when your truck was actually built. Did you order it or was it a raptor on the lot? If on the lot, the Window sticker can tell you what date is was built on or you can call SVT and they can also with your VIN.

D

Deleted member 12951

It was on the lot. I've looked for the build date, but haven't been able to decode the window sticker.

On the top of the sticker you will see a set of number about in the middle.
Mine looks like: 220140129

It reads as built on Jan 29th, 2014

You can see this on my signature, it's a clickable link to my window sticker that is orange and shows 2014 RR SE SCREW.

OP
OP
3rdStng

3rdStng

Reaction score
At the middle bottom, right of all the sold to, ship to, dealer no. I see 05 01 14. There are a lot of other numbers with spaces too, but it looks like May 1st. I guess I could be on the cusp of the A4/A5 maps.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
On the top of the sticker you will see a set of number about in the middle.
Mine looks like: 220140129

It reads as built on Jan 29th, 2014

You can see this on my signature, it's a clickable link to my window sticker that is orange and shows 2014 RR SE SCREW.

Wow thanks for the clue on the window sticker. I have been searching for new Raptors over the past couple of weeks and wondered if I typed in any VIN I could pull up any Raptor.

Well I just tried that today with the Raptor I'm going to pick up around noon today and it worked. Now I know exactly what came from the factory. Nice!

Anyone know if there is a way to find out of a Ford vehicle already has an extended warranty?

Last edited:
OP
OP
3rdStng

3rdStng

Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer today and swapped out my A4 card with an A5. Couldn't have been any easier. Now to see if a highway mistake was corrected in the newer version.