MyKey = DON'T DO IT!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I thought I was being smart and setting up a MyKey so it would save all my settings in the truck, IE seat position mirrors forscan changes etc.... WELL, Yeah no....

1) It removed ALL of my forescan changes
2) It removed a bunch of terrain modes and changed my live valve suspension settings
3) Forced lane departure on me and would not let me turn it off
4) Speed and Radio volume limited....
5) Probably some other dumb stuff too I did not take the time to notice

Here is the frustrating part. My truck resides in NV most of the time and this time I drove it home to NC where I created the MyKey, the problem is you cannot erase the MyKey without both keys.... So 2 a day air envelope later for the second key from NV problem solved....

If you guys ever get the idea of creating a MyKey on a 2019 DON'T DO IT!!!!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you misinterpreted what MyKey is actually for; it’s unrelated to personalized settings. Here is the description from the Owner’s Manual:

“MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to promote good driving habits. You can program the restrictions to all keys except one. Any keys that you did not program are administrator keys or admin keys.”

Yamazuki

Reaction score
“MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to promote good driving habits. You can program the restrictions to all keys except one. Any keys that you did not program are administrator keys or admin keys.”

So with only 1 admin key, are you able to remove the MyKey settings from the 2nd key and return it to an admin key?

I'm curious, because I got 1 admin and 1 MyKey with the Raptor, but my 04 F150 requires 2 admin keys to do pretty much anything.

Chris S

Reaction score
I thought I was being clever in Baja with MyKey and accidentally changed my Admin key into a Daughter key. I had to drive home from Baja at no more than 60mph, it was horrible, just to make things a little worse.

Then I had to go to the Dealer to get my Admin rights back, they only charged me $100 for that little indiscretion, which I was actually surprised it was not more and they did it on the spot, so not really terrible.

DO NOT DO anything with My Key unless you are sure about what you are doing, it can really suck!

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you misinterpreted what MyKey is actually for; it’s unrelated to personalized settings. Here is the description from the Owner’s Manual:

I learned the hard way that mykey is for friends and family. I set it for myself and lost all drive modes except for weather. Had to delete the mykey settings to get them back. It's a good idea if you let not so fully trusted drivers behind the wheel your rig but I never do so I'm never touching mykey again haha

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a custom user thing too but luckily I read the manual and decided against it.