MyKey = DON'T DO IT!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GatorBait

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2017 came with one admin key that is fine but the second key has speed limiter and other annoying features. How to turn this key into normal key? Can’t find backup key location either if that would help.

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On our 16 F150 I programmed my wife's key to the 65mph(speed limit is 50mph around here) speed limit and limited the radio volume as a joke. She was not entertained. Didn't dare try it with her Raptor.lol.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you misinterpreted what MyKey is actually for; it’s unrelated to personalized settings. Here is the description from the Owner’s Manual:

“MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to promote good driving habits. You can program the restrictions to all keys except one. Any keys that you did not program are administrator keys or admin keys.”

As stated above when I read that in the owners Manual for the Ford Focus ST I knew to stay away from MyKey.