My raptor was rear ended need advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cah076

Reaction score
So my truck is finally repaired. I picked it up today. I am 100% satisfied with the repair work. However. The insurance company is giving me a hard time about diminished value. The damage done was 4788$ The insurance company said I had to have the ford dealership give me an appraisal of the value and have it on paper before we could discuss diminished value.

I took the truck to the ford place and was told that there would be some legal issues if they did that for me. They only told me the trade in value which is now 45k. They couldn't give me anything on paper. Also the guys at the ford place said "off the record" they would start with 10k for dismissed value and probably end up with 5k if it was there truck.

So at this point I can't get anything on paper from ford like the insurance guy wants. What should I do now? Have car max appraise it? I'm glad it's all repaired but I'm ready for this nightmare to be over.

I attempted to attach before and after pictures idk if it worked (on an iPad)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

The Ronnie Walken definitely needed to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Concerning diminished value. I too had one of those claims. At first they said they didn't pay those (this was in 2007) and was being a real jerk about it. I ended up paying $99 for an Internet service to give me an appraisal of the loss plus I got a used car dealership (lucky it was my brothers) to do one too. I got a letter written up from the Internet service. I requested $4000 and we settled on $2500.

Search on the Internet, there is companies that do it but you will have to pay something. Or a lawyer can write a letter and that might be enough to get them to move on it.

Here is one: Insurance Consumer Advocate Network . . . Empowering Consumers Nationwide !
I've never used them, just come up on a google search.