My gen3 vs trx comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gas mileage claims for the TRX just seem off. Send some screenshots or I’m calling bs on only a 30% difference. Everything I’ve seen and read is closer to +50%.
This was the mileage going 72 coming back from skiing trip about 100 miles. The mileage was 13.5 for the first part of the trip. I live on top of a hill with 900 ft elevation which is bad for gas mileage. With that said I’m able to average 10mpg if I stay off the gas.

Attachments

• 3DF79E17-781B-4111-9A00-409E80E969D8.jpeg
    3DF79E17-781B-4111-9A00-409E80E969D8.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 64

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the mileage going 72 coming back from skiing trip about 100 miles. The mileage was 13.5 for the first part of the trip. I live on top of a hill with 900 ft elevation which is bad for gas mileage. With that said I’m able to average 10mpg if I stay off the gas.
When you top the tank off what is your range. It hold 32 gallons right? It 432 at 13.5 but at 16 its 512! That’s Raptor Territory! But 432 on 32 gallons is not bad at all.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you drive a tOYoDeR Tu-RD you’re already at the bottom of the hill, you can’t go any further down.
I was kidding, but knew you’d chime in FordtechOne! Love messin with ya on that subject. I’m gonna hold you to the statements! How many trouble free miles will the Ford supply? Remember , this is my first foray into a ford. But seriously, I was messin.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure thing. That’s why they sold their entire company/product line to a low-rent Italian car company. The real reason is that the Chrysler Company still have their heads in the 60s when the hemi (round, dome combustion chambers) was used. The hemi needed huge bore size to fit decent-sized valves so the crap design could breath. Anyway, the new Fiats are rolling junk.
They’re not really hemi engines anymore & im not even a dodge guy but to act like they haven’t built some truly awesome & iconic vehicles over the last 20-30 years is just being ignorant.

They have big balls that’s for sure- to date no domestic competitors have really come up w/ something to rival the charger (ummmm ford would actually have to produce a sedan to even attempt, & they literally don’t make em anymore) the Trackhawk is in a league of its own, curious to see what the Cadillac Escalade-V will be like

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They’re not really hemi engines anymore & im not even a dodge guy but to act like they haven’t built some truly awesome & iconic vehicles over the last 20-30 years is just being ignorant.

They have big balls that’s for sure- to date no domestic competitors have really come up w/ something to rival the charger (ummmm ford would actually have to produce a sedan to even attempt, & they literally don’t make em anymore) the Trackhawk is in a league of its own, curious to see what the Cadillac Escalade-V will be like
I honestly don’t think we’d be seeing a Raptor R make it to production if it wasn’t for the TRX. Prior to the TRX even the standard Raptor had no competitors.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
As a Toyota guy switching to a raptor, I’d say haven’t they both always been down the hill? Lol
Don’t know, personal opinion at the end of the day I suppose but not sure what you’re trying to say lol. I just know Ford qualtiy has diminished. However, I have 3 friends with tundras and 2 with raptors. The 2 raptors have been in the shop more than a dozen times. Tundras none. I guess it’s not bad if you have warranty and they give you a loaner but loaners seem to be far and few between nowadays. That and your truck sits in the elements for a week or 2 until they can even “look” at it. I like all trucks and would be happy with any of them modded to my taste truth be told.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think we’d be seeing a Raptor R make it to production if it wasn’t for the TRX. Prior to the TRX even the standard Raptor had no competitors.
That is so true. We need competition or the trucks may not get improvements. I hope Chevy bring something to the table next year. We all would win.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t know, personal opinion at the end of the day I suppose but not sure what you’re trying to say lol. I just know Ford qualtiy has diminished. However, I have 3 friends with tundras and 2 with raptors. The 2 raptors have been in the shop more than a dozen times. Tundras none. I guess it’s not bad if you have warranty and they give you a loaner but loaners seem to be far and few between nowadays. That and your truck sits in the elements for a week or 2 until they can even “look” at it. I like all trucks and would be happy with any of them modded to my taste truth be told.
Well since the drive train is still the same from 2017, I guess Ford is doing what Toyota has been doing for years and that is “ if it is not broke then don’t fix it” but it is boring. Car enthusiast like change, that’s why we are not rolling around in a Corolla and why the TRX has a lot of gen2 owners in the driver seat.