My B&0 sub/amp upgrade (2019 802a SCREW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’ve had my Raptor for just over a month now and couldn’t take the bass roll off. I have been researching and reading the forum on what to do. I spoke to both of the vendors here (Thanks guys), and was just torn on how much to spend, what components to get/how they would sound.

I 100% did not want to do a full speaker upgrade, I just wanted some more bass, especially at higher volumes. I am just writing to let everyone know, that what I ended up doing sounds so good, and hits so hard. I probably would have been happy with just an 8”.

Here’s what I got installed​
  • LC2i
  • Kicker mono amp 46CXA8001
  • 1 PowerWedge JL w3 CS110TG-TW3

I am super happy with the outcome, and the box fits great under the seat.​

Last edited:

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can u posted some pics. interested.. I have a 2019 as well and it has the B&O .. I bought it used the original owner did something similar as yours and install this little box that lets the aftermarker equipment talk to the headunit.. i love after market stereo equipment much better than factory, but i a tapped out.. I had to research my equipment on the use truck i bought.. appears to be a UNDER SEAT SUB BOX, 2 KICKERS which i guess each on controls 1 subwoofer, then a litte CONTROLER BOX so i assume the bass works thru factory.. and a cool pro installantion job..

Attachments

• Resized_20210613_181002(3).jpeg
    Resized_20210613_181002(3).jpeg
    518.7 KB · Views: 159
OP
OP
DonkeyMcdonkerton
Reaction score
Can u posted some pics. interested.. I have a 2019 as well and it has the B&O .. I bought it used the original owner did something similar as yours and install this little box that lets the aftermarker equipment talk to the headunit.. i love after market stereo equipment much better than factory, but i a tapped out.. I had to research my equipment on the use truck i bought.. appears to be a UNDER SEAT SUB BOX, 2 KICKERS which i guess each on controls 1 subwoofer, then a litte CONTROLER BOX so i assume the bass works thru factory.. and a cool pro installantion job..
Nice, can I see a pic of the subs? Is it no longer in the truck?

I'll let the experts chime in, but it looks like there's two crossovers maybe (clear boxes) and each sub may have a separate amp. Unless those amps are different, and one is for the subs and the other is for the door speakers.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks .. I will get ur more pics . i had to google it all the AMPS have slightly different model numbers.. one is kicker 500.4 and other is a kicker i gotta get it.. the SUB WOOFER is in METAL BOX that actually says FORD ON IT. made to fit on the seat.. it metal and heavy as hell it has 2 woofer- gotta be i guess 10" woofers..

OP
OP
DonkeyMcdonkerton
Reaction score
Thanks .. I will get ur more pics . i had to google it all the AMPS have slightly different model numbers.. one is kicker 500.4 and other is a kicker i gotta get it.. the SUB WOOFER is in METAL BOX that actually says FORD ON IT. made to fit on the seat.. it metal and heavy as hell it has 2 woofer- gotta be i guess 10" woofers..
Right, so you have a 4 channel amp and probably a mono amp for the subs. Nice

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Gately enclosure with four 8" Gately Relentless subs on the way. Hoping these will sound good. I'll be powering them with a Crecendo 8K at 2ohms. I'm not sure about the B&O on the Gen3 but thinking I will go with a B2 6 speaker comp up front and another set in the rear off a Crescendo 2000.4D. Hoping the 18 speaker system will give me the holes I need to do this with aftermarket speakers.

OP
OP
DonkeyMcdonkerton
Reaction score
I have a Gately enclosure with four 8" Gately Relentless subs on the way. Hoping these will sound good. I'll be powering them with a Crecendo 8K at 2ohms. I'm not sure about the B&O on the Gen3 but thinking I will go with a B2 6 speaker comp up front and another set in the rear off a Crescendo 2000.4D. Hoping the 18 speaker system will give me the holes I need to do this with aftermarket speakers.
Nice… I’m sure they’ll slam.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will u need that controler box to keep all the function with oem head unit?.. the one that came with my used truck is a

NAV-TV ZEN-A​

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will u need that controler box to keep all the function with oem head unit?.. the one that came with my used truck is a

NAV-TV ZEN-A​

Yeah I was looking at that one actually, not cheap. Not sure what they installed in my XLT but I'm gonna go on a limb and say it won't work on the new truck.