Headed down the Rabbit Hole - 2020 Non B&O upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RRitch

RRitch

Reaction score
I hear that, just picked up a Benelli M4 and Beretta 92X..car stereo and guns..my two favs.
My FIL was an Army 3 star. Just before he passed he gave me his Beretta M9 service weapon. It is a “General Officer’s pistol. When a general gets their first star they are issued a General Officer pistol that it their service weapon until they retire. When they retire they can either purchase it, or it is destroyed. They have a special serial number. His was 874. One of the very early issue when the Army switched to the M9.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My FIL was an Army 3 star. Just before he passed he gave me his Beretta M9 service weapon. It is a “General Officer’s pistol. When a general gets their first star they are issued a General Officer pistol that it their service weapon until they retire. When they retire they can either purchase it, or it is destroyed. They have a special serial number. His was 874. One of the very early issue when the Army switched to the M9.
Awesome keepsake! Shame it was in such a manner. I was a SAMI in the Navy so the Beretta is dear to my heart. I have two I shoot, and one that is a keepsake.

Attachments

• M9.jpg
    M9.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ghy.jpg
    ghy.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 922x.jpg
    922x.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
RRitch

RRitch

Reaction score
Awesome keepsake! Shame it was in such a manner. I was a SAMI in the Navy so the Beretta is dear to my heart. I have two I shoot, and one that is a keepsake.
I wanted it to just be an heirloom that stayed in the safe, but he was adamant that I shoot it. I have shot 1 mag through it. It will periodically come out, but will stay in the safe for the most part. Some day I will pass it to my son.

OP
OP
RRitch

RRitch

Reaction score
All of the equipment, harnesses, adapters and wiring came in today. Now I just have to find time to install it all. I will probably do it in phases to an extent. I have to build the amp rack, then I will mount the amp and the kicker hideaway and wire and cable manage everything, then I will probably install the door speakers, then run the power and source wires for the amps and then last tie it all into the head unit. I just really hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew.

1680041216139.png

OP
OP
RRitch

RRitch

Reaction score
I also updated the layout for my amp rack. It is cleaner and will use less wire, I just have to make sure I can get to all of the controls on the hideaway with this layout.

1680041394832.png

OP
OP
RRitch

RRitch

Reaction score
Once I received the Kenwood amplifier I decided that it was not what I wanted. I mainly chose it because it was a familiar brand to me and because of the small footprint. When I received it it felt pretty cheap and only had a pigtail with very small wires for all of the connections. I am returning it and bought a Pioneer to replace it. Because the Pioneer is substantially larger, I had to redesign the amp rack. Here is the updated design.

1680118845673.png