My AC died on me again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're having a bad month. Fender bender in the Beetle & No AC in the Raptor... Hopefully they got it figured out this time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tell me about it. I'm dropping a couple grand in audio/camera upgrades on the Beetle as a consolidation prize. Can't wait to get her back. These $100+ fillups are killing me!

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now my AC is making a loud clicking sound and wont cut on. I wonder if I am going to have to pay another $100.00 esp deductible for the same issue? Last repair was $98.00. :mad:

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in once again for the same issue.... This is getting old.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Glad to hear they got you fixed up, Idleone. If you need any help in the future, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Crystal

I sure could use some help with this issue Crystal. My truck is in once again (4th time) with this issue. I am worried the dealer is going to replace another "actuator" and charge me another $100.00 for this ongoing repair. The advisor said there are 5 actuators down there that "just go out". Should I be subject to yet another $100.00 deductible although my issue has not been resolved? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. My vehicle is at Covert Ford in Austin Texas. Thanks

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in once again for the same issue.... This is getting old.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I sure could use some help with this issue Crystal. My truck is in once again (4th time) with this issue...

How many miles are on your truck now, Idleone? I'll get to work on some ways to help.

Crystal

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles are on your truck now, Idleone? I'll get to work on some ways to help.

Crystal

43k. I have complained of this issue before my 36k expired but the dealer could not duplicate the issue. I do have the 100k extended. I appreciate anything you can do. I just want this fixed.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
43k. I have complained of this issue before my 36k expired but the dealer could not duplicate the issue. I do have the 100k extended. I appreciate anything you can do. I just want this fixed.

Reach out to me via PM, Idleone; I'll escalate this to your regional customer service manager so they can look into this further. In your message, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reach out to me via PM, Idleone; I'll escalate this to your regional customer service manager so they can look into this further. In your message, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Thank you so much for handling my issue Crystal. I have received the truck back and all seams to be well at this time. My customer service manager called me the same day and offered to waive my $100.00 for the repairs. You are awesome. I know Me as well as others appreciate what you do for us. Can I order a 2017 directly through you!? :mwah1:

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine failed again over the holidays. It seems to be 2-3 months between failures. That one will be tough to diagnose and fix. :(

At least I know it's not outside temp/weather related. It has failed whether it's cold or hot outside. After it fails, the AC doesn't work for a little while, then it starts working again. Very annoying.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine failed again over the holidays. It seems to be 2-3 months between failures. That one will be tough to diagnose and fix. :(

At least I know it's not outside temp/weather related. It has failed whether it's cold or hot outside. After it fails, the AC doesn't work for a little while, then it starts working again. Very annoying.

Take phone video of the problem and get with Crystal once its in for repairs. I feel mine was handled correctly for once with her on the case.