My AC died on me again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you get a verdict from the dealership yet, Idleone? What's your truck's model year/mileage?

Crystal

I just dropped it off this morning. Its a 2011 Screw with 40k. I will get back online later and update.

Attachments

• 20140214_171318.jpg
    20140214_171318.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 53

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Next time it happens take that smart phone & record it & show them the evidence & tell them to replace the head unit. I believe you said you have already replaced the blow motor resistor, so it's probably the head unit. Good Luck!

Great advice. I did the same with the wifes Edge.

Tornitron

Reaction score
My truck is doing something similar (2014 with 1900 miles on it). It seems to mostly occur on really hot days. Is it possible there is some sort of temperature sensor that might be telling it to shut off?

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my problem seems to be resolved. They replaced the blower motor speed control part #BL3Z*19E624*A. I hope this does the trick. 98.00 out the door.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how hard it is to get to this part and replace on your own ? Anyone got any clue ? My ac only works on setting 3 and 4. 1 and 2 don't work at all. If its an easy fix I'd do it myself.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like the blower resistor. It's an easy swap. It's in the glove compartment. Two screws, one cable plug. Let me see what part number I ordered.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

This is what I got from Tasca.

You do have ATC, You need P/N BL3Z-19E624-A $37.17 and in stock. http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/bl3z19e624a?search_str=BL3Z19E624A

I swapped it but unfortunately it did not solve my problem. But that one where the two speeds don't work could be this.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like the blower resistor. It's an easy swap. It's in the glove compartment. Two screws, one cable plug. Let me see what part number I ordered.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

This is what I got from Tasca.

You do have ATC, You need P/N BL3Z-19E624-A $37.17 and in stock. http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/bl3z19e624a?search_str=BL3Z19E624A

I swapped it but unfortunately it did not solve my problem. But that one where the two speeds don't work could be this.

Thanks for that info brother. Couldn't tell from the site but I wonder if it's the same part across model years ?

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for that info brother. Couldn't tell from the site but I wonder if it's the same part across model years ?

I think it is, but I'd send them an email with your VIN to be sure. Mike at Tasca was very helpful in helping me find the right part number.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my problem seems to be resolved. They replaced the blower motor speed control part #BL3Z*19E624*A. I hope this does the trick. 98.00 out the door.

Glad to hear they got you fixed up, Idleone. If you need any help in the future, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Crystal

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, it happened to me again. 5 weeks ago and again today. So the blower resistor wasn't it.

This time, the problem held up until I got to the dealer. At 4:45pm on a Friday. So a great big thanks to Elder Ford of Tampa. My service advisor took the car back himself and had a tech look at it. They did a master reset if the Mysync system, and the AC started working again. Just the fact that they'd try something at that late of a time was most appreciated.

Now to see if it happens agenda, but now the problem has been verified and documented. Progress! Boy, let me tell you, it was HOT in Tampa today....