My AC died on me again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AC problem: which parts to replace?

Ok, so I've had a problem with my AC ever since I got my Raptor.

To recap, the AC just shuts off at random times. It only happens every few weeks. I have been unable to establish a pattern. Standing, driving, parked, highway - makes no difference. The AC just shuts itself off.

The controls remain active. You can see the controls active, but the air just stops coming out. The fans stop. Its as if someone turned it off. But the controls think its on.

It remains off for several minutes. It comes back on and off several times, then it comes back on all by itself. Then it works well for a few weeks. Then it does it again.

The dealer has been supportive and has replaced a couple of item (blower resistor motor and an HVAC module) but I can't recreate the problem for them. I did once. But more often than not the AC is working fine by the time I get to the dealer. The one time I was able to demonstrate the problem, I was close to the dealer.

I understand there is no way to troubleshoot this. So my options are

1. Trade the truck
2. Replace AC parts on my dime

I am going with option 2 right now. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm at the dealer. They're replacing another part. I'll report back what it is. The advisor said that if this didn't do it, he'll have me drop off the truck for a few days and have a Ford engineer take a look. I'm very happy with how the dealer is handling this. Too bad the truck has this gremlin. I do NOT want to trade in my baby.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask your dealer if our blower motors have a high temp limit on them, the motor could be overheating and cutting out, when it cools off, it comes back on. Or it could just be bad windings in the motor as well. Just a couple of items to look at. Good luck!

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They replaced an interface module. So now we will wait and see. This is the problem. If it wasn't fixed, I may not see the problem again for weeks. But my advisor gave me the next step and I'm very happy with the process. I'm just unlucky. Played with KBB and I owe as much as I can expect to get in trade, so there's that.

But positive thoughts - this fixed it. :)

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got my truck back. This time, they replaced the blower motor. Fingers crossed. Boy did i miss it something FIERCE!!!