Mothers claybar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just washed and waxed my truck today...I kept seeing all these videos and reviews on using the claybar...well I did it today, I must admit, its like glass on my truck! Best thing ever...

My question was, is it a good idea to just claybar and dry and not wax the truck? It felt great after I dried it out, but I went ahead and waxed it considering that's what everybody else has been doing...but my arms feel like rubber lol

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesse - I wouldnt just wash and clay bar it only.The clay bar strips all the wax/fall out etc... and leaving your paint vulnerable.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Claybar bible says

1. Wash your car and dry off.
2. Aply clay bar as provided.
3. Wax it.
4. Detail your car. - The thing you lublicate your car with. You apply the detailer just like liquid wax.

It took 4 hours when I had done this processing even for my small Infiniti G37s.
I cant imagin how long it takes with Raptor....

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i started at 8 this morning...and i didnt get done till 12:30! im saying....i feel like the ****ing karate kid wax on wax off LOL

i washed my truck totally....then sprayed the lubricant in each area i claybar'd...then dried each area...once the entire truck was complete...i then moved on to wax....which wasnt that hard, i did a basic wax finish, nothing spectacular.

Dirt or anything just blows right off...its very nice, but probably something i will do only but twice a year LOL :shock1:

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont forget to lubricate the surface when you claybar, keep spraying.
Detailing experts recomends you claybar every 3~4 months which looks really impossible for raptor owners lol.
Anyway I think I have to do something with the orange-peel for best paint condition.
And mud guard too.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i was very liberal with the spray...i used the entire spray bottle...one spray bottle will do a raptor LOL in case anybody wanted to know LOL

3-4 months? holy **** man....thats brutal!

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just washed and waxed my truck today...I kept seeing all these videos and reviews on using the claybar...well I did it today, I must admit, its like glass on my truck! Best thing ever...

My question was, is it a good idea to just claybar and dry and not wax the truck? It felt great after I dried it out, but I went ahead and waxed it considering that's what everybody else has been doing...but my arms feel like rubber lol

Jesse, I have the answer...my neighbors keep asking me about my new cream colored truck. It is called a sand wash, works great:banana::banana::banana:

IMG_2844.jpg

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL...i got something similar out here...but more so mud baths lol

29p.jpg

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a pic after my 4 hour wax binge...i have to admit, its looks awesome...to look at the pic above..and to think it can divert back into bling...thats awesome! here she is:

DSCN0321resized.jpg