GEN 2 Moth robbed my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Henglein

Reaction score
Woke up three times in the middle of the night to my truck alarming. Went outside found the truck untouched. The third time I opened my truck and only found a moth flying around the dash. Is there some type of security sensor the moth can trigger that would set the alarm off? I’m out in the country and I doubt anyone was messing with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
we’ve had dogs set them off before and also you can set them off yourself if you’re just sitting around in the cab long enough after the truck shuts off.

First I’ve heard of a moth setting off the alarm.
You, are an overachiever.

OP
OP
William Henglein

William Henglein

Reaction score
I’m in western Oklahoma where the winds can blow hard. But not that night. No wind, no dogs, nothing. After the second time I stayed up because I couldn’t go back to sleep and it went off again. After I evacuated the moth it was quiet. I assume there are not movement sensors in the truck as it would alarm if you stayed in your truck when it’s parked and locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Motion sensors work on "size", but a moth flying by at 2 inches seems like a person at 6 feet. Think about it, if a moth flew by your eyes at two inches it would look like a 747. So, yes a moth can set it off, if it flies close by the sensor in the upper console by the switches.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two holes on the front of the upper console are the sensors. They're only about a half inch in diameter. It wouldn't take something too big to set the sensor off. I will be towing my truck behind my motor home. The last thing you do before exiting the truck to tow, is turn off the inside sensors, or the truck will alarm while towing.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.56, .300 BLK, 7.62, 6.5 CM or 50 cal for moth intruders? And you bow guys...this is too big a job for you.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could possibly see a moth flying by or crawling on top of one of those roof console radar sensors and triggering it.