Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timing couldn't have been more perfect lol. The day after I ask about them, they end up shipping almost 2 weeks earlier then expected haha

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted about the light output tonight please.
I actually took her for a drive and it's definitely more output. The cut off line is very noticeable so I took a couple minutes getting used to that.
I still need to adjust my lights a bit but they are close to where they need to be.

I would say that the light is brighter and fuller and extends further then stock, fully encompassing my field of view down the road.

D

Deleted member 17706

What fuse are you all using for the Bugatti start up sequence? Lol mine came in today and am installing it now :)

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What fuse are you all using for the Bugatti start up sequence? Lol mine came in today and am installing it now :)
I was told any of the 10 amp ones that you can find. I have to wait on a different drl harness, mine wasn't the right size so I haven't hooked that part up yet

D

Deleted member 17706

A couple of thoughts after driving around this morning:

1) they are definitely brighter than stock in low beam. The light is much more crisp and clean—something you would get with a luxury European vehicle. I need to adjust my headlights as they are mostly pointed to the ground, but I could still notice the difference from stock.

2) the sequential turn signal looks SWEET! Really like this feature. I had to unplug my sequential turn signal wiring in order for the sequential to work.

3) the amber ring that runs alongside the edge of the headlight seems to be a lot brighter than stock. As I was driving down a pitch black road, I was surprised to see the amount of amber light thrown on the sides of the road. Granted it’s not sufficient for a ditch light, but you can definitely see such areas better when compared to stock.

4) install was easy. Just make sure to take your time and follow what @4x4TruckLEDs.com states in his short wiring video: take the two resistors off (I switched out the third one as well).

5) pictures really don’t do the headlight justice—it looks even better in person.

Overall, I am quite pleased. I am up early in the morning and drive while it is still dark. The headlights look good, I don’t know if I would say they look better then OEM, but they definitely help me see the road better in situations where I can’t run high beams and my Baja Designs lights. Anybody need a set of OEM headlights? :)

*** Just as an FYI, my OEM headlights sold in 6 hours on eBay for $1500.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received shipping notification yesterday - appreciate the quick turnaround 4x4!!

Question for those of you who installed the lights...

Did you find the angle/setting that you're happy with? From what I read here, there's something like 10 points of adjustment, so I'm hoping there's a consensus on the angle that's best (assuming a stock height truck)