Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s fantastic - thanks so much. For clarity - you pulled the 10a fuse that was there and inserted the cable? Does cable then act as fuse for both original purpose and lights?

From a cable standpoint, did yours easily fit into the fuse block? Mine seems like it will need to be bent in. The pins are extremely wide for the space

37ac181d8bd80648702585841d743da0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s fantastic - thanks so much. For clarity - you pulled the 10a fuse that was there and inserted the cable? Does cable then act as fuse for both original purpose and lights?

From a cable standpoint, did yours easily fit into the fuse block? Mine seems like it will need to be bent in. The pins are extremely wide for the space

37ac181d8bd80648702585841d743da0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like your fuse tap is too big maybe? Looks like the fuses there are Standard/ATS on the tap and the fuse slot your are going into is Micro or mini? I know the inside uses Micro 2s but haven't played in the engine compartment fuse box so not entirely sure which size there.

Last edited:

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, they sent a fuse tap too big. Contact them and they will send you the right piece

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it guys - just sent them an email. The headlights look nice - definitely need to adjust them for them to be superior to stock. Morimoto's packaging logistics department definitely needs improvement.

D

Deleted member 17706

Yea, my fuse tap is too big too. I essentially ran everything to the headlights and just needed to plug the fuse into the fuse box, but this is going to suck if we have to run a whole new wire. Really don’t want to take everything apart again :emotions122:

DetTigers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe Morimoto is still sending out the wrong size fuse tap. I like my lights but between not sending the rights parts and awful install directions they leave a lot to be desired.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I just talked to Morimoto a few minutes ago. They realize they are including the mini fuse taps still. They did this because of the non-Raptor trucks. So they need to talk to their team to come up with a solution for when the Raptor guys order these (as the Raptors use a micro fuse tap).

Seems they sell more of these to non-Raptors.

So they may just add a drop-down on the site later to get the right fuse tap.

In the mean time, if you ordered from us and you need a micro-fuse tap, email me at [email protected] and include your order #. I'll send out a micro fuse tap for you. You just have to cut the old fuse tap off and crimp on the new one.

If you've YET to install your lights and want the micro-fuse tap harness, again email me and I'll send that out.

Most folks have installed the harness already so it's easier to just cut the fuse tap off. But for those who have them sitting in the box still, we have the correct fuse taps at our warehouse and I can send you one.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, my fuse tap is too big too. I essentially ran everything to the headlights and just needed to plug the fuse into the fuse box, but this is going to suck if we have to run a whole new wire. Really don’t want to take everything apart again :emotions122:

Just cut and splice man. Pulling and rerouting the wire is a waste of the day

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just talked to Morimoto a few minutes ago. They realize they are including the mini fuse taps still. They did this because of the non-Raptor trucks. So they need to talk to their team to come up with a solution for when the Raptor guys order these (as the Raptors use a micro fuse tap).

Seems they sell more of these to non-Raptors.

So they may just add a drop-down on the site later to get the right fuse tap.

In the mean time, if you ordered from us and you need a micro-fuse tap, email me at [email protected] and include your order #. I'll send out a micro fuse tap for you. You just have to cut the old fuse tap off and crimp on the new one.

If you've YET to install your lights and want the micro-fuse tap harness, again email me and I'll send that out.

Most folks have installed the harness already so it's easier to just cut the fuse tap off. But for those who have them sitting in the box still, we have the correct fuse taps at our warehouse and I can send you one.

What doesn’t make sense to me is it is literally the raptor specific sku (with amber surround). They have another sku with white surround for non raptors. I’m fine with having them be cross compatible, but it’s a bizarre choice to have it set up from the get go for non raptors and not even include the correct parts.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What doesn’t make sense to me is it is literally the raptor specific sku (with amber surround). They have another sku with white surround for non raptors. I’m fine with having them be cross compatible, but it’s a bizarre choice to have it set up from the get go for non raptors and not even include the correct parts.

That's what I wrote to them as well :)

Keep in mind Morimoto always has issues with the F150s. Because there are 6 different ways they can be wired up between 2015-2020.

2015-2017 have 1 body style
2018-2020 have a different body style
2017+ Raptors use the same body style as 2015-2017 but use the harness that 2018-2020 use

So yeah it gets very confusing with they start to build skus. It's why they include the halogen AND LED harnesses now, because it was a complete mess of people ordering the wrong lights a year ago.

And they ALMOST got it right, but missed this one important fact that Ford changed the fuse panels on the Raptors. So yeah, once again they have to fix this.