Morimoto Announces NEW 2nd Gen XB Headlights for Gen2 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You have to adjust them per normal alignment procedures

1) Park your truck 20' from a wall on level ground
2) Measure from the floor to the center of the bottom most LED projector (because there are 4 LED projectors for low beams now, you should use the lowest one to avoid blinding anybody)
3) Take that measurement from step 2, deduct 2"
4) Mark step 3s measurement/calculation and mark it on the wall
5) Now adjust the low beams so that the top of the cut-off, touches this line. Do this for both the driver side and passenger side

You should be all set. No blinding other drivers and your lows will be at a great level.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2) Measure from the floor to the center of the bottom most LED projector (because there are 4 LED projectors for low beams now, you should use the lowest one to avoid blinding anybody)
5) Now adjust the low beams so that the top of the cut-off, touches this line. Do this for both the driver side and passenger side

You should be all set. No blinding other drivers and your lows will be at a great level.
any reason why this calls for 20'? I've done 25' on all my previous other vehicles, and 25' is the norm.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any reason why this calls for 20'? I've done 25' on all my previous other vehicles, and 25' is the norm.

It really doesn't make much difference either way. In both scenarios, the downward angle of your beam is less than half a degree. They are both in a relative sweet spot where it's fairly easy to ensure you have a very small downward angle.

If you used 5' for example, you would need to correspondingly measure down on the wall something like a quarter inch, and be more accurate. If you used something like 50', you would use something like 4" and your light would be less intense and harder to see the cutoff.

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good to know - thank you!

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those that have done this - where the hell do you connect the fuse cord to for the start up sequence? The fuse panel is completely different from that shown in the instructions and no raptor fuse is labeled DRL

WoahItsRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those that have done this - where the hell do you connect the fuse cord to for the start up sequence? The fuse panel is completely different from that shown in the instructions and no raptor fuse is labeled DRL
I plugged them in different spots til I found one that worked lol.
For me, on a 2020 screw, I used the 10 amp fuse closest to the engine, closest to the front. Either that one or the second one from the front.
Hopefully that makes sense. If not, lmk and I'll take a pic

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plugged them in different spots til I found one that worked lol.
For me, on a 2020 screw, I used the 10 amp fuse closest to the engine, closest to the front. Either that one or the second one from the front.
Hopefully that makes sense. If not, lmk and I'll take a pic

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dude if you wouldnt mind taking a pic, that would be huge