more power from the 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hapa

Reaction score
i want to find a way to get more horsepower from the 6.2
the dealer is installing a chip and a filter when i asked him to install headers he said labor and material would be around $$$4000 WTH??

said whole motor must be taken out. So I opted to install a supercharger and he said they do not think they could do it do to warrenty issues???
Wipple allows a dealer who has a ASE certified mechanic to install the supercharger and they will sell you and warrenty pachage to protect up to 100,000

There has got to be a better way to increase power with out getting ripped off.
what about cams?
what about heads?
what about/????:shocked:
Any ideas or help??

2012 SCAB IGNOT silver raptor
MY SECOND FIRST WAS A 2011 had it for 9 months

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some dealerships are like that. I know if I wanted to do any Performance mods to the Raptor. I was told to go to a SVT dealership to get them installed to keep my warranty.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cams will yield you around 400rwhp...and for the same price Whipple will get you around 475rwhp. If I were you i'd invest in suspension mods before motor mods. The 6.2 will quickly outrun the stock suspension off road.

But if your truck is a street queen and will not see of road, I say Whipple that bitch! Otherwise give Raptor Performance Group a call.

Last edited:

Halfnutz

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your first Raptor. Ryan has the second set of American Racing headers for sale now because he doesn't want to hassle the install again. It took his mechanic @18 hours to install. i believe they had to rock the motor, not take it out to get the headers on. The headers make a big difference. I drove a 2010 and 2011. I love the power and sound of my 2011. We were thinking of putting a set on my friend's orange 2011. Another friend will be putting a SW complete exhaust on their black 2012 soon.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard the same things about having the headers with a full catback, but 4k just for just the headers and install, woow! I rather go pro-charger , lol

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
...when i asked him to install headers he said labor and material would be around $$$4000 WTH??

said whole motor must be taken out.

That is not true. I think I remember hearing the the engine mounts need to be loosened and the engine lifted slightly for clearance.

Be careful on forcing power from that motor, not all the bugs are worked out yet
That is news to me. I have not heard of any issues aside from the two engines that were running ProChargers (if I recall correctly) who each melted one piston.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i want to find a way to get more horsepower from the 6.2
the dealer is installing a chip and a filter when i asked him to install headers he said labor and material would be around $$$4000 WTH??

said whole motor must be taken out. So I opted to install a supercharger and he said they do not think they could do it do to warrenty issues???
Wipple allows a dealer who has a ASE certified mechanic to install the supercharger and they will sell you and warrenty pachage to protect up to 100,000

There has got to be a better way to increase power with out getting ripped off.
what about cams?
what about heads?
what about/????:shocked:
Any ideas or help??

2012 SCAB IGNOT silver raptor
MY SECOND FIRST WAS A 2011 had it for 9 months

That honestly isn't too far off. Installing headers, an intake and a chip is roughly 12 hours worth of work. It is a little on the high side....for us, that set up normally runs about 3600 bucks. It is pricey but the power gains from those three things is quite noticeable.

Also, installing things like cams or heads is going to cost a lot more. The best performance adders for the 6.2 will be bolt on stuff like you had mentioned: intake, exhaust, headers & y-pipe, tuner, then would be a supercharger. From there I would recommend a transmission cooler so that you don't cook your trans with all that added power. Don't get me wrong, the 6R80 that is found in the raptor is a great transmission but heat is the major killer in any trans and when adding on 100+ horsepower it is definitely something to take into consideration.

Last edited: