Moonroof not functioning after 2nd reinitialize within a month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue? My conversation with my local ford dealer service department:

Dealer Ford Service: "What are you doing to cause this?" (so to speak)

Me: I've been pressing the button as it the manual states, "one touch", the same way for 2 years and now it's not working.

Dealer: We need to put another tech on this. We'll call you back.

Clearly, reinitializing isn't the fix as it's only helping for a couple weeks then the moonroof stops moving all together. It behaves as if it's stuck or something is blocking it.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Button sequence the tech (or anyone) can do to reset the operation.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Roger that. Can you list it that could be super helpful. If it functions well then goes out and so forth you either have a bad part or a lose connection. I would unplug and reconnect any plugs that you can get to. If it’s warrantyed then just let the dealer fix it as they can get up to around $4000 to replace out of warranty.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plastic tabs broken fallen into tracks need to be cleaned out/replaced probably, or some other gunk in tracks gumming up movement, also worth having drain tubes cleaned & weatherseal cleaned & lubed up w/ krytox

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue? ...

Clearly, reinitializing isn't the fix as it's only helping for a couple weeks then the moonroof stops moving all together. It behaves as if it's stuck or something is blocking it.

Thoughts?

yeah, busted moon roof tracks.

Does it lift to the vent position or is that stuck too?

The F150 moon roof tracking is, how should I put this... cheaply made.
Super expensive to fix / rehab, but the track system is almost guaranteed to fail before the warranty period expires unless you never use the moon roof.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 king ranch and my 14 raptor both had moonroof failures. The next raptor I get will not have a moonroof. It was a 2k fix one my 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art warner

Reaction score
My moon roof failed to the point it would not close. Nice. Took a week to replace it but dealer gave me a truck to drive. The rails are plastic and had separated. Love it but cheaply made. Yea under warranty.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My moon roof failed to the point it would not close. Nice. Took a week to replace it but dealer gave me a truck to drive. The rails are plastic and had separated. Love it but cheaply made. Yea under warranty.

One of the main reasons I opted for a 100k b2b extended warranty was for the pano roof. 1 replacement would justify the cost of the warranty itself.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The F150 moon roof tracking is, how should I put this... cheaply made.
Super expensive to fix / rehab, but the track system is almost guaranteed to fail before the warranty period expires unless you never use the moon roof.

I thought it was the opposite? Another thread on here, IIRC, was claiming that if the moon roof wasn't used on a fairly routine basis, then the track system tends to 'explode'?