Moab 2016

What weekend to run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just spent four hours cleaning the mud off mine. It must have been 100lbs and now the gutter has a 3-inch thick mud pit working its way down towards my neighbors house.

So looks like that steep hill we went down did bumper damage to both our Raptors. Dan and Rich got away with no damage... damn SCABS.

We'll see. Have got under mine yet. Just got home a couple beers ago. Guess I need to get a power washer tomorrow.!

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
The slip and slide you guys did we did longer pre-running first leg of SS. Was snow and ice and a lot of that. Hill decent was a must or slip off the cliff in our case.

I used Hill Decent on one steep drop which was by far the scariest of them all as you see are two yellow lines and a arrow. I was impressed with how well it worked.

I don't know if I would have trusted it on the snow/ice. A couple of videos I have of the guys going down ice-slick rock had their wheels locked up when they should have been off the brakes and in 4-Low/1st. Maybe Hill Decent would have been better?

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used Hill Decent on one steep drop which was by far the scariest of them all as you see are two yellow lines and a arrow. I was impressed with how well it worked.

I don't know if I would have trusted it on the snow/ice. A couple of videos I have of the guys going down ice-slick rock had their wheels locked up when they should have been off the brakes and in 4-Low/1st. Maybe Hill Decent would have been better?

Condition wise was the same, probably more ice for us @oxfordraptor wants to chime in.

4L, 1st gear or 4L hill descent on that really crazy stuff. We only had 19 degrees down not 24 but the same down and turn on a few areas. As I told Jason do NOT touch the brakes and truck did all the work. Its hard to trust a electronic nanny but it does work.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seem once you tap the break and start sliding your reaction is press harder lol. I was yelling let off the break let off the break and the kids just looking at me, what!