MINT 400, Las Vegas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock and Roll Offroad Trophy Truck #53 had what has become known as a "shmeltdown" 3.8 miles from the finish line.*

Truck ran great during qualifying, so not sure yet what caused the motor trouble. We'll know more after tearing into it this week.

*Disclaimer: Start and Finish lines were located very near each other at this year's race.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Rock and Roll Offroad Trophy Truck #53 had what has become known as a "shmeltdown" 3.8 miles from the finish line.*

Truck ran great during qualifying, so not sure yet what caused the motor trouble. We'll know more after tearing into it this week.

*Disclaimer: Start and Finish lines were located very near each other at this year's race.

Got ya. Eventually that truck will finish a race.

There is a reason that the big teams spend 50K on a motor.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was the first race with the new V8. They've got a hell of an engine builder working with them, so after a few tweaks I think they'll have a pretty solid setup.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was out there with my black scab. I had a great time, and I saw many Raptors out there. I had one small problem, some ahole rear ended my Raptor at Ballys while it was parked in the valet line. I was on the passenger side unloading my daughter when my truck jumped forward about a foot when a guy driving a Lexus rear ended it. Not a scratch on my truck, tko on the Lexus driver

Fixed it for ya.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have to admit. The Mint was awesome! Yes, Panda and I met, Thurs night but couldn't hang again due to busy schedules with our race teams. We kept in touch the whole time though, till I was stationed at Pit 1 all day. No service at all. Maybe at future races, all of us who attend should make plans for meeting up in advance. Panda and I had a blast meeting while it lasted. I will be chasing at the SNORE Ridgecrest race the weekend of April 14th.