[Nevada/California] Minden to Tonopah to Las Vegas to Salton City Late February Early March 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Jeep Wrangler is mostly stock. It's the 4xe so its electric and turbo 4cyl. Single tank range is about 350 miles. I have the quad band 50 watt vhf radio installed. I programmed several people with Raptors radios for them. Not sure what channel you may want to use weatherman is common. I can run about 90 miles an hour with out too much effort. Do have a 13k winch also in case of emergency. I also have all recovery gear and first aid kit battalion size. I'm hoping I can make this trip...
Sounds good. Direct mail me saying you are committed to the trip/dates and I will sign you up and send you information about the run.

Z TEAM RACING II

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a bed rack with a tent and miscellaneous attachments ok as well. What type of driving are we doing as I don’t think it’s a great idea to Bomb specific areas with my setup. Worst case if I can make the trip I’ll just take the rack off if it’s recommended

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a bed rack with a tent and miscellaneous attachments ok as well. What type of driving are we doing as I don’t think it’s a great idea to Bomb specific areas with my setup. Worst case if I can make the trip I’ll just take the rack off if it’s recommended
There will be a little bit of everything on this route. There are sections that have whoops that would rattle anything not secure off the truck if you hit it at speed, but if you take it slow over the terrain it wouldn't be too much of a problem. There are a couple jumps that you would likely want to take slow too. I would say the average speed is around 50 mph over a lot of the trails, with the slow sections being around 5-10mpg and the fastest sections could be your truck's limits as there are dried lake beds and long stretches of straight flat trails.

The truck will take a beating though, and it is really important to have everything secure.

If you want to commit to the run, DM me and I will get you the info. Same goes for you @J R . I have been keeping track of the people going that way.