Milkshake Time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the oil cooler in my Raptor gave ass. I think its been slowly leaking internally over time. Was changing the oil and noticed an unusual amount of gunk/condensation built up on the bottom of my oil filler cap. Decided I better check my radiator and sure enough, my oil and coolants been mixin it up. Luckily it doesn't appear too much coolant has mixed with the oil, so I don't think the bearings in the engine sustained any damage. More oil seemed to have made its way into the cooling system (which would make sense, oil pressure is greater than cooling system pressure during engine operation; coolant would only have the limited chance to enter the engine when it was turned off and coolant pressure cooled/bled off into the motor). So a new oil cooler, another oil change, a cooling system super flush, and I think things are back to normal in Raptor land.
007.jpg

011.jpg

I also had a blown left front shock taken care of:crazy:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Well that just sucks. I've also been noticing coolent smell just after I park it in my garage and coming around the front i'll smell it.
Is that normal?
Noticed it bad today.

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that just sucks. I've also been noticing coolent smell just after I park it in my garage and coming around the front i'll smell it.
Is that normal?
Noticed it bad today.

I notice a coolant smell from mine too. I think its the way the de-gas bottle (coolant over flow bottle) is designed. If you don't see any visible leaks, I would say your fine. Just keep an eye on the level. If it drops a bunch get it looked at.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
mine reeks like coolant after a good pounding. pretty sure it's normal i have never noticed a leak.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
my new concern is how my 4 HI SLAMMED in today and made a horrible crunching noise. :baby:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Mine did this once so far, was not happy to hear it.

I've heard the clunk too several times but I think its normal considering the hub parts that are engaging at a high speed. If it does it while parked, then it would be worth checking out. Mine also does it going into 4L.