Mighty whity going down HARD!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Well it's gone from bad to worse guys. The truck is trying to take a major dump on me.
It started with a battery symbol kicking on for about a min. The truck always started fine.
Then it grew to the truck slamming into drive and park and stuck in third gear.
Then the truck was dead and would not start. Had to be jumped.
This morning had to jump the truck. Battery light on immediately. About 30 seconds later going 60mph the truck slammed into 5 th gear hard and stuck it there.
Bearly made it to the dealer.

Waiting for a call now

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Srsly my guess is the alternator regulator. I've seen this happen to a mustang 2 weeks ago. New alternator and battery and u will be good to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the individual cell on the battery? Sound similar to a problem I had with a Dakota a while back (don't hate me because I once screwed up an fought a dodge). Battery had two dead cells, would stay and idol fine but add soon add the current draw picked up started having trouble with all the electronics.

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Ok just got a call from ford. The alternator is bad and starving the computers. So $100 deductible and it's good. Should be back running strong tomorrow.
And Greg, my cans were solid engineering. I even used packing tape instead of that cheap duct type crap.