Method Rims W/Powdercoated Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334691878.339827.jpg

So I got my Method Standards in yesterday & decided to powdercoat the beadlocks as well. The beadlocks color matches the black gorilla lug nuts I got, so I think the small color contrast between the lugs & beadlocks vs the rims makes it pop a little more.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering painting mine - did you pull each bolt out and have it powdercoated?

All black will look good.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Each bolt was taken out. They come out easy. Each was powdercoated & then coated each with some blue loctite and put them back in with a larger socket & soft cloth so they didn't scratch. It's hard to match the exact color of the rim, but they came out to match the Black gorilla spline lugs that I got from SDHQ for the truck. My trucks in transit, should be here next week so I'll post picks with them on the truck.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

For Comaprison:
BEFORE
98f313.jpg
AFTER
1zh2ond.jpg

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to give this a shot, but I'm kind of lazy. Could this be accomplished without taking the wheels off the truck?

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since these are powdercoated, No. But I have painted wheels with tires mounted on them and it came out pretty well. A lot of newspaper and tape that sticks to rubber is required...

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed them on the stock tires today with the modified center caps & the powdercoated beadlocks. I think it looks awesome now.

2ir16b8.jpg

xuk5s.jpg