Matte Black XD Series Addict coming this week!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I ordered these wheels last night:
1236465418addict.jpg

They are 17 x 9(10" edge to edge) with a Mid 18mm offset.

The stock wheels are 17 x 8.5(9.5" edge to edge) with a 34mm offset- 6.09 backspace and 3.41 front space (approx).

These wheels since they are a bit wider and have a lower offset will stick out a little more than stock but not too far- 5.70 back space, 4.30 front space(approx).

I will post up pics as soon as I get them. Also, the stock wheels are hub-centric so I will see what size hub ring is needed to make them hub-centric(if needed). I might just use the 60* conical lug-centric nuts that come with them since I don't do any heavy off roading.

Last edited:

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those wheels actually look very good. Why dont you do any off roading? The best thing about a truck like the Raptor is you dont have to be a hardcore wheeler, just go out and try it. You will like it. As soon as you wash the hard-caked on mud off your wheels, they suddenly look great!

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Those wheels actually look very good. Why dont you do any off roading? The best thing about a truck like the Raptor is you dont have to be a hardcore wheeler, just go out and try it. You will like it. As soon as you wash the hard-caked on mud off your wheels, they suddenly look great!

I took her out, got her muddy, got some air and flew down a Fire Road going 70. It was all extremely fun but I prefer the gleam of a freshly waxed, scratch free truck. Street Queen is the word(s)

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I do agree. Love to keep her shinny, but must say had some fun this past weekend with a bunch of friends. Fun for me being the driver not so fun for them knocking there heads off each other.:peace:
So Bird are you going to use those rims all year or are you going to put the old ones for winter driving?

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I do agree. Love to keep her shinny, but must say had some fun this past weekend with a bunch of friends. Fun for me being the driver not so fun for them knocking there heads off each other.:peace:
So Bird are you going to use those rims all year or are you going to put the old ones for winter driving?

All year...I can say one thing about KMC's wheels is the finish is very durable. I ran some XD series 20's thru the winter on my FJ Cruiser and they were perfect come spring...and I am someone who goes out and keeps it sideways in every snow storm and they were coated in salt all winter. I was lucky enough to test fit several different rims on my FJ at a shop and on one of them I took a key to the inside of it before I sent it back and it barely scuffed the finish...

fj2-1.jpg

fj1-2.jpg

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I got 4 boxes from the big Brown truck just now :D. slapping them on tomorrow!!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got 4 boxes from the big Brown truck just now :D. slapping them on tomorrow!!

Nice, I got my 4 Brown boxes last week, but now they have to be shipped back and forth again because the man driving the big Brown truck chipped, chunked, and scratched the shit out of the powdercoat.
:chair: